New York City meet up? March 27-29, 2020

ropo54

4 minutes ago, robert_parker said:

Rob Ken and Dan

Thank you for going to the trouble of organising this - cancellation must be very frustrating but as you say, it's the right thing to do at the moment.

Regards to you and your families and stay safe

Thanks, Robert.

So disappointing, but on a positive note we will find another time.

Hopefully all things are soon under control. Hoping that you stay well, too. Regards,

Rob

• Like 2

Rob, Ken, Dan

Disappointing but inevitable at the moment, think many of us will be cancelling quite a few trips this year whether we want to or not.  Let's hope it's not too long before planning can commence again.  Though with the talk of asking those in the 70 plus bracket to self quarantine for possibly four months, some of us could well have died of boredom before then!

Stay well everyone.

Edited by Boojay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Boojay said:

Rob, Ken, Dan

Disappointing but inevitable at the moment, think many of us will be cancelling quite a few trips this year whether we want to or not.  Let's hope it's not too long before planning can commence again.  Though with the talk of asking those in the 70 plus bracket to self quarantine for possibly four months, some of us could well have died of boredom before then!

Stay well everyone.

Hopefully, Jayne, this will give you time to join us for the next go!  

I'm positive at the moment - with the collective world working on a vaccine, we will hopefully make rapid progress.  And, this scare will provide the model for how to handle the next one. 

Regards, Rob

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, ropo54 said:

Hopefully, Jayne, this will give you time to join us for the next go!  

I'm positive at the moment - with the collective world working on a vaccine, we will hopefully make rapid progress.  And, this scare will provide the model for how to handle the next one. 

Regards, Rob

Would love to think I will be able to make the next time Rob, and yes, let's hope for a vaccine soon.  

Grateful to be living where we are, staying put at home is not too bad, lots of green open spaces with sheep for company, and joking with my husband that I'll be let out but he has to stay home.  His main concern that I stock up his whisky supplies😁!

More important we all keep smiling and as you say - stay positive.  

Regards - Jayne

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boojay said:

Would love to think I will be able to make the next time Rob, and yes, let's hope for a vaccine soon.  

Grateful to be living where we are, staying put at home is not too bad, lots of green open spaces with sheep for company, and joking with my husband that I'll be let out but he has to stay home.  His main concern that I stock up his whisky supplies😁!

More important we all keep smiling and as you say - stay positive.  

Regards - Jayne

Stay safe Jayne and your family. But please remind your husband that it needs to be at least 60 per cent alcohol. 86 proof isn't strong enough. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bags27 said:

Stay safe Jayne and your family. But please remind your husband that it needs to be at least 60 per cent alcohol. 86 proof isn't strong enough. 🙂

Haha Ken - have no fear - I am pretty sure my husband IS 60% alcohol bless him.  He had a really nasty fight with Cancer nearly ten years ago that he was lucky to survive but left him with quite a few issues, whatever makes him happy is just fine by me!

You and yours be sure to stay safe too Ken.

• Like 2

Time to try stretching your cameras to take new and different photos. I plan to increase my macro photos. As long as I choose virus-free flowers I’m good. 😁

Everyone, stay safe and healthy. This will pass. In the history of mankind we’ve never seen the entire world so focused on solving a common problem. Lots of smart medical people and researchers intensely working on this. It’ll pass. Hopefully we’re stronger on the other side. 
Dan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
16 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

March 27th 2021 is around the corner, can you all believe it?

maybe we can resurrect this meet up for an outdoor, socially distanced, photo walk/meet up for those that feel comfortable doing so? Maybe summer time?

dkmoore: You are reading my mind!  

Ken, Dan and myself have all been in contact.  Just waiting for each of us to be vaccinated and I'm hopeful that some semblance of normalcy will return by late Spring.  Glad you've resurrected the thread.  Let's all stay in touch; to be continued . . . .

Regards, Rob

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, ropo54 said:

dkmoore: You are reading my mind!  

Ken, Dan and myself have all been in contact.  Just waiting for each of us to be vaccinated and I'm hopeful that some semblance of normalcy will return by late Spring.  Glad you've resurrected the thread.  Let's all stay in touch; to be continued . . . .

Regards, Rob

Excellent and I'll keep an eye on the thread. I suspect I may be last in line for the vaccine but hopefully I can still participate!

Dustin 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dkmoore said:

Excellent and I'll keep an eye on the thread. I suspect I may be last in line for the vaccine but hopefully I can still participate!

Dustin 

Sounds good, Dustin.  I imagine we'll be much further along in thought around March.  

Regards,

Rob

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, dkmoore said:

Are we ready yet?!?!?

one of these days I want to meet up, take some photos, and nerd out with you all about camera gear. 

maybe we can make this happen soon?

Hey Dustin: Thanks for this!! We most certainly want to do this too!!!

The other two organizers are a bit more adventurous than am I and may be interested in this sooner rather than later. My family is snuggled in here in New England and not yet moving for a bit (a couple of health issues). We've been tentatively thinking about March 2022. Leica Guy wants to time the trip East so that he can first photograph the cherry blossoms in Washington D.C. But I'd sure like to get together sooner as well, if that's possible.

Edited by bags27
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bags27 said:

Hey Dustin: Thanks for this!! We most certainly want to do this too!!!

The other two organizers are a bit more adventurous than am I and may be interested in this sooner rather than later. My family is snuggled in here in New England and not yet moving for a bit (a couple of health issues). We've been tentatively thinking about March 2022. Leica Guy wants to time the trip East so that he can first photograph the cherry blossoms in Washington D.C. But I'd sure like to get together sooner as well, if that's possible.

I am good with March 2022, as well. 

(Perhaps even sooner if the Delta variant gets under control).

Rob

• Like 2