Half Case for CL and others

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just arrived, my half case and matching strap for my recently acquired M-P 240. Bought this from 'bestview01' on eBay who supplied a similar one for my CL last year. These guys offer great product at great prices and each time have included a complimentary matching wrist strap. The great thing about this case is that you can leave the base plate off enabling quick access to the SD card and battery. Check them out here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-Leica-M-M240-M246-M-P-MM-MP-M262/253976685489?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=553300427209&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, stevegaskin said:

Just arrived, my half case and matching strap for my recently acquired M-P 240. Bought this from 'bestview01' on eBay who supplied a similar one for my CL last year. These guys offer great product at great prices and each time have included a complimentary matching wrist strap. The great thing about this case is that you can leave the base plate off enabling quick access to the SD card and battery. Check them out here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-Leica-M-M240-M246-M-P-MM-MP-M262/253976685489?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=553300427209&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Just bought my first Leica a CL, what quality is the leather and stitching? Do you have a picture of the hand strap? I was looking at one from Hawkins & somebody last night but the strap alone was £50!

On 11/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, Lee997 said:

Just bought my first Leica a CL, what quality is the leather and stitching? Do you have a picture of the hand strap? I was looking at one from Hawkins & somebody last night but the strap alone was £50!

Sorry Lee late coming back to you. I‘ve stored the wrist strap as I don’t use it but I would have been happy with it. Whilst possibly the leather isn’t as good as some of the very expensive cases you can buy (I have never compared them), I doubt that you would be dissapointed when you consider the vast difference in price.  

• Haha 1

I have both the Leica "Protector" half-case and the one sold by Jason Cui on EBay. I tend to use the latter more; the Leica Protector is a little more nicely finished but the Jason Cui case both has a tripod screw in the securing bolt on the case (so you can fit it to a tripod quickly without taking the case off) and it's flap to remove battery and card is a little more convenient in use (The Leica case's flap flips in the direction opposite to the direction that the camera's flap opens, so you have to open it ALL THE WAY to get the card and battery out, whereas with the Cui case it flips the same way and is shorter). 

The Leica Protector is about US$175, the Jason Cui case is about US$50. Both have stood up for quite a lot of use and still look almost new; I've had the camera for a year and a half now and one or the other half case is on it all the time other than when I'm working with a copy stand.

G

• Haha 1

I use the MegaGear one, from Amazon I think, with a custom made parachute cord strap passed on from my em 1.2 (which I never used a case for)

With the case it 'feels' just right, a bit too slippery without(I'm pretty clumsy)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:42 PM, SugarBubble said:

I ended up buying the Lim case via amazon.  I like it.  Paid $159.  Is light weight but still protective and i think it looks great.  

This one?

Looks to be the best one I have seen anywhere. Looks like a good value also.

What clamping plate do you use to mount it on the tripod? The one in my second picture?

My KAZA-halfcase just arrived yesterday;

everything is working perfect!

Am 29.12.2019 um 23:53 schrieb d_w_wolves:

My KAZA-halfcase just arrived yesterday;

everything is working perfect!

its a wonderful halfcase, after one week in use  i'm not missing my Leica CL-Handgrip and the KAZA is a nice looking handicraft.

LIM's case arrived today.

Spectacular!! Excellent materials and craftsmanship. Absolute Perfect fit. 

Bonus: With the ARCA plate on the bottom I can mount it to tripod without removing the case.

Battery and SDHC card easily removed through the hole in bottom.

In fact, there is no reason to have to remove the case...…. ever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 7:54 PM, AeroMirage said:

Spectacular!! Excellent materials and craftsmanship. Absolute Perfect fit. 

I agree.  I have one on each of my two CL's and I really love them.  As I have mentioned in another post, I also have the Lim Thumb support.  Although it is also made very well (as the case is), it (the part that hits ones thumb) is a bit shorter than the Leica support.  LOVE the case, prefer the Leica support.