Sign in to follow this  
Herr Barnack

Fujifilm NEOPAN 100 ACROS II shipping November 22nd in 35mm and 120

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's some truly outstanding news for B&W film lovers -

Fujifilm NEOPAN 100 ACROS II shipping November 22nd in 35mm and 120 formats

https://emulsive.org/articles/fujifilm-neopan-100-acros-ii-shipping-november-22nd-in-35mm-and-120-formats

Ok. I have never shot Acros and I would like to know what to expect (I have shot Tmax100 and other Kodak BW films)?

"The new Fujifilm Neopan 100 Acros II will reportedly feature “super fine” grain, excellent sharpness, and three-dimensional tone reproduction. It will also reportedly be improved over the original Acros in that it will provide sharper highlights.

Though it’s not mentioned directly in the press release, there’s hope that Fujifilm Neopan 100 Acros II will share the original Acros’ incredible reciprocity characteristics. Not only does Fuji mention that this new 100 ISO film will be suitable for the standard “wide range of fields,” (architectural shots, landscapes, etc.,) but they also mention night photography and long exposure astrophotography, the last of which requires excellent reciprocity characteristics."

Link:  https://www.casualphotophile.com/2019/06/10/fujifilm-neopan-acros-100-ii/

What's not not like??  

Here is an exhaustive list of 341 different developer recipes in which to develop 100 Acros II, most with examples of the resulting images:  https://filmdev.org/film/show/1016?page=1

IMHO, Acros II is a film that deserves the care and attention  of by hand developing at home, not the wham bam thank you ma'am developing routine of a commercial lab.  Here is another web page that addresses developing Fuji Acros 100 version 1.  I would expect this information to be applicable to Acros 100 version 2 also:  https://monochromnights.com/blog/2015/03/1100-rodinal-development

It's starting to sound like it's time to get out the M4-P and dust off my changing bag, developing reels and tanks! 😀

Edited by Herr Barnack

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gwpics
      From my 'Paris' portfolio. Taken on an M6 using Kodak T400CN film commercially processed. I am sorry but all lens details have been lost, but probably a 50mm Summicron f2.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Schittra
      I don’t really know which forum to post. Sorry if I made a mistake here. 
      i wonder if any friends here using Leica M lens with Fujifilm GFX 50S ? I guess it can render beautiful image. Any thought? Thanks. 
    • By frame-it
      i accidentally pressed the shutter [was cocked] of my iiif while removing it from  my coat pocket, the lens cap was on..am curious how many turns of the rewind knob would equal 1 frame ?

• By haikos
      Hello everyone,
      I have a question about the dimensions of the Leica 11310 lens with the (square) hood mounted, I think the model is 12524 and/or 12526. 
      Currently, I use a Biogon 2/35 which I love but sometimes I find the lens protrusion from camera body quite long. The lens alone protrudes 1.75" from the camera body; with the UV filter and hood mounted, it protrudes to 2.4375" (7/16) from the camera body which is fine in some situations but unwieldy in others. The hood and UV filter are used to protect from bumps.
      I had the chance to mount an 11310 to my camera which seems to protrude about an inch from the body but at the time the vendor did not have the hood so I had no way of even guesstimating where it would end up.
      Can anyone who has this lens + hood combo provide a measurement?
    • By drpagr
      Nach der fruchtbaren Diskussion um die 50mm Objektive hätte ich gerne Eure Meinungen über die 35mm Objektive gewusst. In einem anderen Faden (Vergleich 28mm zu 35mm Summicrone) geht es schon um das Thema, aber im wesentlichen beschränken wir uns auf die Summicrone.
      Ich persönlich habe noch keinen richtigen Zugang zu den 35mm Objektiven gefunden. Entweder ziehe ich mit 28mm los (Q), oder ich bin mit 50mm unterwegs. Ich habe ein Summicron ASPH, mittlerweile über 25 Jahre alt von einem guten Freund geerbt, ein Summaron 2,8 mit Brille für meine M3 von meiner Mutter übernommen, schön scharf im Zentrum und die Farben gefallen mir auch, aber mit der Brille nicht wirklich schön und recht klobig und ein Schraub-Summaron 3,5 für meine Schraub-Leicas, dessen Schärfe zu wünschen übrig lässt.
      Um mich mit der Brennweite etwas mehr anzufreunden, habe ich das Summicron jetzt häufiger dabei und versuche, damit auch Portraits bzw. Menschen aufzunehmen. 
      Wie sind Eure Erfahrungen? Ich weiß, dass viele die 35mm Brennweite am liebsten auf ihre Touren mitnehmen. Ich habe aber noch keine Begründung dafür gehört. Und dann die Summilux-Baureihe, die nochmal besondere Eigenschaften mitbringen, ist ein ganz eigenes Thema...
      Ich freue mich auf Eure Beiträge!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy