Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been in a rut lately so have posted very little. However I did shoot this a few days ago because I liked the combination of colours. I hope you think the effort was worthwhile!

Leica M240 + 50mm Summicron-M f2 @400iso.

Gerry

Gerry, good to see you posting again, this is a awesome shot and I like it a lot. I was just wondering how it would look if you cut the bottom street part?

7 minutes ago, Louis said:

Gerry, good to see you posting again, this is a awesome shot and I like it a lot. I was just wondering how it would look if you cut the bottom street part?

Louis

Thanks for your kind comments. Personally I think it would bring the feet of the pedestrian too close to the bottom of the frame.

Gerry

34 minutes ago, Louis said:

As I always said; framing is a matter of personal taste. 😁😉

Exactly!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alberti
      I recently bought an Orion-18 28mm F5.6 lens and coded it as Summaron. The lens has the same structure. [I like it for its compactness and low 'profile'.] I use it on my M240 but bought it for Monochrom.
      However, I notice some small tinge of purple on the top of this image in the sky.  Should I use an IR/UV filter on this lens like on the M8? The Orion accepts 40.5 mm filters. 
      This reminds me of the M8. I remember JaapV once said the M240 has some IR issues. And would [sometimes] need a light IR filter. I tried the M8 filters by Leica on the M240 but did not like the result. Probably way too strong.
      The following filters in 40.5 mm are available: 
      370-670nm  400-700nm  Which of the above is do you think appropriate?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By 1234
      For unknown reason(s) an oddity is happening with indicated exposure times seen in viewfinder. After making an exposure, for the next two exposures there is no variation in indicated exposure time when panning about with camera. After the third exposure, the indication again varies properly as you pan about different scenes. Then repeats. As if there were an unwanted exposure lock mode in effect for 2nd and 3rd shot of a 3 shot sequence..
      Cannot find any obvious settings error likely to be the cause. The bracketing is set to 0.
      Tried to reload latest firmware but it "completes" in about two seconds so never happened. Does Leica determine the actual present checksum of the loaded firmware and decide that a reload is not necessary??
      What am I missing here? Thanks.

• By UltraDan
      So I just picked up an M240 and wanted to ask current users - how do people shoot these to get the best results ? Do you under or overexpose the files? I'm using uncompressed DNG is it noticeable over the compressed files? 
      Thanks for any info. 

Dan

• By UltraDan
      Question to those that have used or have both of the above cameras - is there much IQ difference between the two? I'm guessing that the M10 just has slightly better ISO performance? 

looking at both of these and struggling to find a reason to pay the extra for the M10 other than it's the latest and greatest. 

thanks

• By gwpics
      From todays walk in Centenary Quay, Southampton: © Gerry Walden/gwpics.com 2020 Leica M240 + 24mm Elmarit-M f2.8 ASPH
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!