Lightroom Camera profile for M10

yudafu2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded from M-P240 to M10-D and M10.  I am a bit concerned about the color that I am getting in Lightroom. I cannot find a camera profile for the Leica M10 in  Lightroom Class 9.0.  Does anyone know how to get the profile?   

More broadly, what is your post-processing method for M10 files? 

Thanks. 

George  

Check out the post processing section in the forum. 

The Leica profile is found in LR while in the develop tab. If the box at the right of the screen is open (with all of the editing tools) there is a drop down under the histogram that says adobe. Click on that and you will find Leica M10. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evikne said:

My M10 color profile is located in Profile Browser > Profiles, and the M10 B&W profile is located in Profile Browser > Legacy.

Thanks, I see. Wow, that makes a huge difference to the color, compared with using the Adobe standard. 

55 minutes ago, yudafu2 said:

Thanks, I see. Wow, that makes a huge difference to the color, compared with using the Adobe standard.

1 hour ago, yudafu2 said:

More broadly, what is your post-processing method for M10 files? 

You're welcome. I think the Leica M10 profile usually shows the most natural colors, but I also like the more greenish colors from Adobe. The Leica profile is originally very saturated, so I usually leave the Saturation and Vibrance sliders to a minimum. And something strange often happens to me with the this profile in indoor lighting – the red and orange color channels get badly oversaturated. Then I switch to one of the Adobe profiles (Standard, Portrait or Color), or I manually desaturate these colors in the HSL/Color panel in LR.

I think the Leica B&W profile has very low contrast, and unless the image has very strong contrasts, I usually prefer the Adobe Monochrome profile, or one of the many other supplied B&W profiles and color filter simulations. 

Edited by evikne

• 3 years later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, dkmoore said:

Check out the post processing section in the forum. 

The Leica profile is found in LR while in the develop tab. If the box at the right of the screen is open (with all of the editing tools) there is a drop down under the histogram that says adobe. Click on that and you will find Leica M10. 

Can you write the link, please? Thanks!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Shepherdphotographer said:

Can you write the link, please? Thanks!!

1. To open the LR Profile browser, click on the symbol with four squares at the top of the Basic panel.
  2. Below the Adobe RAW profiles, you will normally find the embedded Leica M10 profile.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, evikne said:
  1. To open the LR Profile browser, click on the symbol with four squares at the top of the Basic panel.
  2. Below the Adobe RAW profiles, you will normally find the embedded Leica M10 profile.

The color profile for the M10-P only shows in the profile browser for some of my M10-P files and not for others. In the latter there is no line for profiles besides the standard Adobe ones. 
How does one make the Leica M10-P profile show up in LRC’s profile browser?

TIA

Edited by theseahawk

8 minutes ago, theseahawk said:

The color profile for the M10-P only shows in the profile browser for some of my M10-P files and not for others. In the latter there is no line for profiles besides the standard Adobe ones. 

TIA

Are all files in DNG format? If some of the images are only in JPG format, the M10-P profile will not be available.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, theseahawk said:

TIA

As Evikne says above it has to be a DNG. If it is, try looking under the legacy section in profiles

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, evikne said:

Are all files in DNG format? If some of the images are only in JPG format, the M10-P profile will not be available.

8 hours ago, Adam Bonn said:

As Evikne says above it has to be a DNG. If it is, try looking under the legacy section in profiles

So I wasn't paying close enough attention and the M10-P profile does show up for all DNG OOC files... except for one DNG (embedded below) that is a combination of two DNGs using LR's photo merge>panorama workflow.

However, Lightroom Classic doesn't show a camera color profile for my SL2 for any DNGs. Is there one available for the SL2?

Edited by theseahawk

3 hours ago, theseahawk said:

I found the SL2 presets released in 2020 by David Farkas. Does Leica not release any officially?

Release what? Presets? If so AFAIK* no, only their profile embedded in the DNG

(*I have some distant memory of an official Leica tog giving away a preset some where or other, but it's not usually something that happens)

4 hours ago, theseahawk said:

However, Lightroom Classic doesn't show a camera color profile for my SL2 for any DNGs. Is there one available for the SL2?

It does or else it wouldn't render the DNG... can we get a screen shot of your LR profiles section please?

51 minutes ago, Adam Bonn said:

It does or else it wouldn't render the DNG... can we get a screen shot of your LR profiles section please?

Viewing an M10-P file

vs an SL2 file

I understand that Leica embeds the camera and lens profiles in the DNG, and when I look at the EXIF metadata in the Library/metadata panel, it shows both. However doesn't the DNG also carry the camera sensor's color profile?

I'm not understanding why the M10 color profile identifier shows up in the profile browser in the develop module but the SL2's doesn't... 

Also, above I confused presets with profiles. I'm more interested in why the latter is showing up differently between the two Leicas.

Edited by theseahawk

I'll add a question here. So far, I've been quite happy with the M10 profile in Lightroom (Classic). Every now and again I have a picture where the Adobe profile provides a FAR better colour represention than the M10 profile, but 95% of the time, I prefer the camera profile. I had one of those “outliers“ recently where the Adobe profile fit much better. That's when I noticed that changing the profile also changes the white balance setting (the “as shot” setting). I have my camera on Auto-WB and thought that the camera chooses a WB and that is set as standard for the DNG. Why would it change with the profile I choose in LR?