Premature wear on camera body

bourne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have had my camera since July and I am noticing that the paint is already wearing off on some  small sections of the of the back. Presumably this is where the camera rubs against me while walking. I have the protection of a half case and screen protector and am quite careful with my camera. I am concerned that after very careful use of my camera after such a short time period the paint is wearing off. Has anyone else experienced this????  Seems very premature?!

5 hours ago, bourne said:

I have had my camera since July and I am noticing that the paint is already wearing off on some  small sections of the of the back. Presumably this is where the camera rubs against me while walking. I have the protection of a half case and screen protector and am quite careful with my camera. I am concerned that after very careful use of my camera after such a short time period the paint is wearing off. Has anyone else experienced this????  Seems very premature?!

I did notice the same after a couple of months (I had received mine in April). Mine was showing some silvering on the shoulder wheel and bottom., A couple of light bumps showed in the form of missing paint as well. I have sold the camera recently as I prefer to use my M anyways, but I was quite annoyed by the paint issue. Great camera otherwise

Here is a photo showing the wear on my camera. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

14 hours ago, Whitford said:

My Q2 looks very beat up and I've only had it for six months. It definitely has thin paint.

Can you please show some photos? 

im wondering what the Q2 top plate basically made of, since the original Q was a definite aluminium, the Q2 only stated lightweight and robust magnesium construction 

• 9 months later...

I purchased my Q2 in December and already there is a circular abrasion on the front of the camera body where the tip of my right ring finger comes into contact to steady the camera in horizontal and vertical mode.  I am not getting a clear message from customer service about this issue nor any kind of indication about the inferior covering of this camera body to normal, everyday usage.  This could be a very definite deal breaker for me with Leica.  I have read about other customers having similar issues and was wondering if Leica took care of an obvious defect. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

These to me look like nail scratches rather than marks from the tip of a finger. I never had any problems with coverings, including Q2
The paint on the other hand definitely wears off, which I very much appreciate. The (camera) body should definitely show its mileage. Kind of like worn in quality boots. Places it’s been, stories it’s told etc. But that’s just me. I don’t think this is a sign of lower quality, rather heavier usage. 

Edited by alksv