Norman Peritore

R metering problem--please help

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmmmm, not sure. Try to trim it so it fits the forum guidelines. I'm sure that I'm not the only "expert" here. You need 1200 pixels max on the long side, and about 300kbs.

Can't see a lot wrong with them Norman. Difficult to gauge the sharpness, but from what you posted, they look fine.

Your initial "problem" related to metering. The negs as shown look as good as you could ask for.

What was the sharpness issue you mentioned in post #16? You scanned, or printed? If scanned, maybe try them again.

Gary

thanks for your help Gary. guess i just need more time doing this. my first 10,000 should be terrible. 

Please have a look at 500px.com/neuston2004, to see my standard work, most with an M8 or sony with the Vario Elmar 3.5 28-70

best wishes, Patrick.

ps I have huge nostalgia para NZ, I taught at Auckland U in 1995, only didnt stay as the immigration was a headache. What a country! My recent trip to the east of Canada seemed really similar, wonderful civilized cities and semi wild nature. 

No problem Norman.

I took a look at your 500px site, they certainly look good, although I couldn't establish which were than with what (it doesn't tell me like Flickr does).

Hang in there, especially with the SL and processing. Post a few in the "I Like Film" thread, good constructive criticism to be had there.

Gary