Keith (M)

Epson V700 64-bit driver for MacOS Catalina

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My iMac 21.5" and MacBook Air are both running Mojave 10.14.6 and both have been warning me that the EpsonScan software is not 64-bit, so will not work under Catalina 10.15...  Installing Catalina does seem to offer advantages so I searched for a 64-bit driver. On the US Epson website I found 'V700_V750_EScan2_6484_AM.dng' which I downloaded, installed have have just briefly tested - all seems to work OK.  Will wait awhile longer before installing Catalina as they seem to be still sorting out bugs, but at least when I do I know that my V700 will still work.  :)

I found the V700 driver too. What I didn't find yet is a 10.15 driver for either of my Epson printers, a Workforce 30 and an R2880.

i heard epsonscan2 doesn't work on catalina, but apple image capture will work with the v700 on catalina

15 hours ago, frame-it said:

i heard epsonscan2 doesn't work on catalina, but apple image capture will work with the v700 on catalina

Well, I just installed Catalina 10.15.1 on my MacBook and Epson Scan 2 works.  Initial impressions are that it has fewer features than the original and is clumsier to use.  Will have to experiment more when time permits.  Also need to try out the Image Capture program as well as exploring the extra features that Catalina is supposed to offer.