m9photo

Have you placed order on SL2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, Raid Amin said:

Maybe, the SL with 35mm or 50mm L mount Summicron will do? It is the SL and not the SL2. 

If you're looking for a lightweight AF lens in the 35mm to 50mm range for the SL without having to break the bank, have a look at the Sigma:  Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN lens for L-Mount: First impressions

I picked one up 2 weeks ago, it's a great little lens for general photography, especially when I don't feel like lugging the VE 24-90mm L lens around.

10 hours ago, hillavoider said:

I agree, where's the M10 with EVF Leica? Make it! ……………….please :) 

Or a M-mount Q2...😋

10 hours ago, hillavoider said:

I agree, where's the M10 with EVF Leica? Make it! ……………….please :) 

You had me puzzled right there. But I suppose you mean the EM ? :lol:

Yes. My SL and the 24-90 needs to go to Weztlar. May as well get the SL2 while they get restored.

I figured that as I'm using the Q2 with the SL so much that it's better to work with the same interface, so the SL2 seems a given.

The queue for the SL2 seems substantial today as I put my order in. Likely January. My vendor was nice enough to give me priority if anyone decides to drop out of the queue. If he's telling me the truth 😉

If the 47mp isn't too much of a crimp on my workflow I will get the second SL2.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, michali said:

If you're looking for a lightweight AF lens in the 35mm to 50mm range for the SL without having to break the bank, have a look at the Sigma:  Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN lens for L-Mount: First impressions

I picked one up 2 weeks ago, it's a great little lens for general photography, especially when I don't feel like lugging the VE 24-90mm L lens around.

In both Jono's and Sean Reid's SL2 reviews, they use the Sigma a lot and speak highly of it. Sean speculates that the SL2 with the Sigma would be a great all-rounder with a similar (but different! 🙂) profile to the Q2. 

My reseller refuse to take my name off the waiting list 😅 

He said that I may change my mind the 21st... Only 10 days to decide 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb nicci78:

You’re known to be quite fickle, Nicci.  First, it’s 36 MPx, then the more you look at the Q2 47 MPx files, the more you like them, then you decide not to go for the SL2 after all.  Your reseller has figured you out and is doing you a favor by keeping you on the list, I’d say. 

13 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

You’re known to be quite fickle, Nicci.  First, it’s 36 MPx, then the more you look at the Q2 47 MPx files, the more you like them, then you decide not to go for the SL2 after all.  Your reseller has figured you out and is doing you a favor by keeping you on the list, I’d say. 

maybe better: conflicted. Many of us go through a rationalizing process. Before buying a M35 f/1.4 FLE the other day, I went through dozens of contortions, from the L f/2 or the FLE, through the M f/2, the Zeiss f/1.4, to the Voigtlanders, and back up the ladder to the FLE, a few times. There's just so much information out there, and we want to "get it exactly right." But in the end there is no right. Just a camera in your hand.

Edited by bags27

Exactly Ken. Too conflicted. 
I am sure to get one the 21st if I want. I really love my CL. But SL2 is just one hell of a camera. 
Can I forgive his heft ? Maybe thanks to its excellent handing. 
I said that I want to be remove from the list. Then I tried the SL2 again, and once again I love it. 😅 The seller said, don’t worry just wait the 21st to really decide.

He is really bad with me. Last time I said no thanks for Q2. But they keep calling me, saying that they have one for me. Guess what ? I bought it. I am so weak 🥺

Place my order but yet to know when I will get it.

Have a wedding in December so think anyhow will use my SL, it takes time to learn a new camera even if a Leica one. Don't want to have any surprise....