Have you placed order on SL2?

m9photo

Yes. I have been on a list for more than a year now, so I guess I will be an early adopter (locally). Likewise, I am on a another virtual list for the M10 Monochrome with a 41mp sensor, scheduled for 2020 sometime. Such lists are possible if you have and use a local store.

https://leicarumors.com/2019/10/30/confirmed-leica-m10-monochrom-will-be-released-in-2020-with-a-new-41mp-sensor.aspx/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

Personally I don't like the stick out strap lugs so there is absolutely no way I am buying one. :rolleyes:

But will they enable the camera to hang at a better angle (with bigger zooms, for instance, using the stock strap) than the SL lugs?  This was a complaint from some here.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

2 hours ago, hillavoider said:

S1R at 1/4 the price seems even more compelling now then it did before 

Keep the SL for M lenses, its a perfect kit

I'm sure you meant otherwise, but the S1r sells for $3697 in the USA, so, close to half the price of the SL2 but not a quarter.  That said, I'm keeping my S1r and have no interest in the SL2.

2 hours ago, thighslapper said:

Personally I don't like the stick out strap lugs so there is absolutely no way I am buying one. :rolleyes:

A lug-ite!! Me too, my repair guy says he can remove them and bolt-on an old 1960's strap from my hippie days.  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ron777 said:

I'm sure you meant otherwise, but the S1r sells for $3697 in the USA, so, close to half the price of the SL2 but not a quarter.  That said, I'm keeping my S1r and have no interest in the SL2.

in Australia they are selling for about 2990 USD or 4400 AUD before any discounts and there have been some very good discounts lately which would bring the price down to about 2600 USD. 

but yes you are right not 1/4  

I am now thinking, get the S1R and the SL 50 APO for the same price as a SL2 body only - its a no brainer actually 

Edited by hillavoider

I am a 24 meg sort of guy.  My Q is the perfect travel camera. Didn't like the Q2 as well.

I am buying a SL camera body for my M lenses.  Hope to have it in a few days!

I'm currently using the M lenses on a Canon EOS R mirrorless with phenomenal results!

I used the SL on loan from my Leica dealer in SF and fell in love with it and the 50 'lux attached.

So I'll even adapt my Canon EF lenses to the SL and shoot them manually wide open.

I've had my pre-order in for a while, but I have no obligation to purchase. I'm not sure if I want to go through with this test-drive. Admittedly I like testing out new gear to stroke my GAS once in a while, but so far, I don't find the SL2 intriguing enough to be worth the hassle.

3 hours ago, thighslapper said:

Nor am I - the black buttons on top are a real turn-off.  Oh, and it’s too heavy, too big and too expensive ... hang on ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3