Unknown cameras in street photos.

Ko.Fe.

There is one rule here, applicable to all, and it's been in place since the Forum started its current form in June 2006, and before that when Leica were the owners.

All photographs shown must have been taken with either a Leica body, Leica lens, or preferably both. This applies across all of the Photo sub-forums.

The exceptions are if you want to illustrate a point in Barnack's Bar or a technical query in the camera sub-forums, or, for some reason, the huge film thread in the "Other" sub-forum.

Basically, if you are sharing your work and your skills, the Leica body/lens rule applies. This is the Leica Forum.

• Thanks 2

Unfortunately, one can even fake EXIF files.
Otherwise one could make obligatory these EXIF files, which give information about the used Leica camera and/or the Leica lens.
There are even long-standing forum members, who sometimes daily open up a variety of topics and publish hundreds of photos here, but brag at meetings of photofriends that they never using Leica photographic equipment for years or still owning anything made by Leica.
Extremely unfair to all honest LUF-users.

As with most things in Life, Honor Is the key word..  There are no points or credits for Posting a Non Leica Image..  If someone Posts an image Not Leica affiliated, the most they get is a few Likes. There are cheats everywhere.. Out of many thousands of images on my HD's Im sure like many others our memories may mistake a Non Leica image for a Leica taken image, EXIF over the OS changes may have been lost. (I can verify that moving from Mojave to Catalina HAS lost/deleted some EXIF info) Definitely keep to the Rules, but be a little lenient should an honest to goodness mistake have been made.. I used to include a file with the EXIF info in my Posts. this created issues for those using LUF on mobiles..  L

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, lykaman said:

EXIF over the OS changes may have been lost. (I can verify that moving from Mojave to Catalina HAS lost/deleted some EXIF info)

Wow, that's pretty bad. I've heard of many many Catalina bugs but that's a new one!!

There is still data in this one...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ianman

2 minutes ago, ianman said:

Wow, that's pretty bad. I've heard of many many Catalina bugs but that's a new one!!

I've spent about 4 hours talking to my Apple contact and an Apple Engineering Tech ~ it's an ongoing  investigation/situation..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ianman said:

I hope it's only a glitch and your data is still there. It's soooo useful when searching.

It looks like about 10% of my EXIF info has gone astray. Even going into the Photos Back Office (on the computer)  the info has been either corrupted or lost..The images of the lost or corrupted files, show up as zoomed x 3 and pixelated, size adjustment bar - inoperative.... p.s. Before Posting an image I always check the EXIF info....   L

Image:- Leica D-Lux..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lykaman

On 11/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, mnutzer said:

Unfortunately, one can even fake EXIF files.
Otherwise one could make obligatory these EXIF files, which give information about the used Leica camera and/or the Leica lens.
There are even long-standing forum members, who sometimes daily open up a variety of topics and publish hundreds of photos here, but brag at meetings of photofriends that they never using Leica photographic equipment for years or still owning anything made by Leica.
Extremely unfair to all honest LUF-users.

Sounds like mentally or it’s disorders. I hope not so many of those troubled individuals are here.

Still, exif reader is not something very special for forum engine and  very handy.

I learned significantly about exposure by looking at exif of pictures and  I was interested in.