Jono Slack: Leica SL2 Review

LUF Admin

1 hour ago, deekay said:

Thank you for the review.

Does the SL2 have in-camera (viewfinder) crop modes (e.g. 1x1, widescreen etc) and if it does, do you end up with a cropped image (like with the Z7) or an uncropped image (like with the A7RIV)? 

Yes, but you have to dig into the menu to set them and the can't be assigned to a function button. The S1R is much better in this regard. The cropping is carried over into LR but the full image is there if you want to revert back to 3:2 or any other ratio. 

43 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

Yes, but you have to dig into the menu to set them and the can't be assigned to a function button. The S1R is much better in this regard. The cropping is carried over into LR but the full image is there if you want to revert back to 3:2 or any other ratio. 

Great, thanks. Behaves like the Sony then, which is good. Pity about the inability to assign to a function button as it's something that would be good to access quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this question posted and I saw that you sent a message to the original poster of the question.  

"Thanks for the review, do you know if Leica will address the focus point not being sharp with a half press on the shutter? did this affect your opinion of the camera at all? thanks"

Would you mind posting a response or sending me a message directly on this question.

Thank you for your amazing review.

• 1 month later...