Leica SL2 image thread, please post your images here.

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

16 minutes ago, RBB said:

Hi Michali, is it because of the reach or weight you using the Leica less?

Rob

Hi Rob, it's more the reach.  I find the Leica just too short, especially for birding. The weight's not a big issue, for serious birding I use the excellent Canon 400mm f4 DO USM II on the SL2,  which only weighs about  250gr more the the Leica 90-280mm. 

I think it's a great pity that Leica haven't made a tele-converter for the VE90-280mm L. I've read that people say you can use the extra MP on the SL2 & crop, I tried that initially with birds, it didn't work for me,  you're almost always at the limit in terms of final image size.

Best,

Mike 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Red Dot Cameras said:

SL2 & 90-280 cropped

Quite a catch! They move fast and are masters of hiding, so even more impressive!!

13 hours ago, michali said:

Thank you. You won't go wrong with the Sigma it's very good up to a subject distance of approx. 15m, beyond that is where you start losing IQ.

With all of my long lenses on the SL2 & CL I'm using the electronic shutter, it makes a big difference. There's an element of shutter slap/shock with these cameras. 

Here's a shot  with the 1.4x TC, no noticeable loss of IQ. 

Common House Sparrow chick (Passer domesticus)  recently out of the nest  -SL2 & Sigma 100-400mm L & 1.4x Sigma tele-converter.  (please click on image for better res.)

Thanks for the additional insight. Always good to get a perspective from actual field usage, so very helpful.

Gardeners have been at work on our street:

SL2 SLAPO 28

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 5:23 PM, agencal said:

SL2 + 35mm Apo

Great shot. Based on photos posted online SL35 is awesome... on the other hand as much as I prefer 28mm focal length SL28 is not convincing (yet). 

Last week I ordered a Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG DN Macro L lens which arrived this morning. I've been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. Based on initial impressions, as with all the Sigma lenses that I've bought, this one doesn't fail to impress.

Handling & ergonomics are good. 

The features are superb & very well thought out:  Aperture ring f2.8 to f22 & A,  Aperture Click on/off switch,  Aperture A lock switch,  AF-MF switch,  AFL button, 3 Focus limit/range settings, from 0.295 - 0.5m (which is excellent for macro work), 0.5m - &  FULL range. IQ is excellent.

These tiny ants the thickness of a pin; carrying off their meal for the rest of the week-  SL2 & Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG DN Macro L

Edited by michali