Leica SL2 image thread, please post your images here.

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

More SL APO 28 SC closeups

Notice that even at f/11, the focus rolloff is quicker towards the foreground than into the background.  The shot was focused on the broad centers of the two pomelos.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Cheetah & her cub  -Zuka Game Reserve, South Africa  

SL2 & Sigma 100-400mm L  -I used this lens extensively last week while on a safari. The more I use it in the field the more impressed I am with its versatility, reach & IQ. To be fair, its IQ is not at the level of the Leica VE 90-280mm L, however the Sigma is very good & I find that I'm using the Leica lens less & less. (please click on image for better res.)

Edited by michali

2 hours ago, michali said:

SL2 & Sigma 100-400mm L  -I used this lens extensively last week while on a safari. The more I use it in the field the more impressed I am with its versatility, reach & IQ. To be fair, its IQ is not at the level of the Leica VE 90-280mm L, however the Sigma is very good & I find that I'm using the Leica lens less & less. (please click on image for better res.)

Beautiful.  RBB’s cat above looks cuter but these are both beautiful animals as well!

7 hours ago, michali said:

Superb! Have been thinking about the Sigma and your shots are very compelling.

3 hours ago, ravinj said:

Superb! Have been thinking about the Sigma and your shots are very compelling.

Thank you. You won't go wrong with the Sigma it's very good up to a subject distance of approx. 15m, beyond that is where you start losing IQ.

With all of my long lenses on the SL2 & CL I'm using the electronic shutter, it makes a big difference. There's an element of shutter slap/shock with these cameras. 

Here's a shot  with the 1.4x TC, no noticeable loss of IQ. 

Common House Sparrow chick (Passer domesticus)  recently out of the nest  -SL2 & Sigma 100-400mm L & 1.4x Sigma tele-converter.  (please click on image for better res.)

11 hours ago, michali said:

the Sigma is very good & I find that I'm using the Leica lens less & less

Hi Michali, is it because of the reach or weight you using the Leica less?

Rob

Edited by RBB
typo