Leica SL2 image thread, please post your images here.

jaapv

knive of a german master knive maker, I bought long time ago. It is a liner lock type but not a one hand knive - which combination is not allowed in Germany now. If this makes really sense, I do doubt, but I am not a German, and therefore it does not affect me, if I do not travel there with a kind of knive that might be forbidden there. First photo with SL2 and 24/90. second one with L 60 Macro.

4 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Not a fleeting moment, but it took me three tries to get this.  Once set ISO 3200 and forgot to check, once too early, so today I finally moved the sun into the right place and used exposure comp -1.0 to hold the color of the sky and the gold roofs...

U1040180 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr SL2, S 100 2.0 @   f/8.0

It really doesn't matter at this size, but at 100%, the S 100 Summicron clearly outresolved the Lumix 70-200, also at 100 mm and f/8.  For the evidence, compare 

https://flic.kr/p/2jku7wW

with 

https://flic.kr/p/2jkvfWR

We're getting to the point of counting angels on the head of a pin, aren't we? With either lens, you can almost count the number of passengers in the distant vehicles. And at $8,800 USD, the S 100mm Summicron should outresolve the Hubble telescope. 😉

Joe

52 minutes ago, Joe Colson said:

We're getting to the point of counting angels on the head of a pin, aren't we? With either lens, you can almost count the number of passengers in the distant vehicles. And at $8,800 USD, the S 100mm Summicron should outresolve the Hubble telescope. 😉

Joe

Actually, I was hoping to see the expressions on the faces of the passengers.  The S100 cost me half of its list price.  But it was like new.  Apparently the result of a bankruptcy.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Actually, I was hoping to see the expressions on the faces of the passengers.  The S100 cost me half of its list price.  But it was like new.  Apparently the result of a bankruptcy.

Hi , could you talk about the S 100 lens a little, how it works on SL2 with adapter and share some photos please.

I am considering it for my collection.

8 hours ago, Photoworks said:

Hi , could you talk about the S 100 lens a little, how it works on SL2 with adapter and share some photos please.

From an amateur's perspective, all of the S lenses work superbly on the SL 601, though autofocus is slower than the other native L mount lenses. (I do not have the newer SL2).  

Here are some photos of the S 100 taken with the SL. 

Edited by ropo54

11 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I've posted several shots taken with the S 100 recently.  Here's one of them cropped to about 1/4 original area:

U1040156 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

This lens seems to be conceived of differently from the other S lenses, more as a throwback to the Mandler style of sharp on-center, forgiving at the sides when wide open, going to sharp everywhere when stopped down a bit.  Click through on this picture to meditate on the rendering of the stamens and the light coming through the flower petals.  So on an S3 it should be the equivalent of an  M75 or R80/1.4.  AF on my SL or SL2 is very accurate, but a bit noisy and slow.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Here's another with the S 100 Summicron, this time at its closest focus (0.7 m).

U1040182 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

And a strange outdoor scene with the same lens.

U1040149 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and a crop of the little office in the center:

U1040149 2 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr Edited by scott kirkpatrick