Leica M9 corrupt files/sensor issue?

Matmcr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my M9, and wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar before I take it in to get checked out.

I've had my M9 around 5 years, and had no problems. The original sensor has never been replaced (with the sensor issue), but I have not been getting any problems with my images, until yesterday. The images look as though they are being corrupted. I am getting a mixture of black, white and visual smearing across half the frame (see attached image). I have tried different batteries, and different SD cards. The camera has not been dropped or anything, and the shutter appears to be working fine. The DNGs are the same as the preview image on the LCD.

Has anyone had any experience of this?  Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks,
Mat

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Also, the camera is recording some metadata (see image).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sorry to see your having problems. Never seen anything like it. I know the last firmware release was some time ago, but may be worth re-loading as a final check before you send it in. Will you have sensor updated at same time - maybe worth getting two quotes to judge best vfm. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Edited by pedaes

Thanks, jaapv, Viv, pedaes...

I have tried the firmware route, and it's still the same. I think you are right, it's looking like this needs to go in. Still, if anyone has had any similar problems, it would be interesting to know what the outcome was. I was hoping to get another 10 years out of this, oh well :)