jaapv

Leica Q2 images, Post them here !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

Nice exposure. So often the moon is blown out. You are smarter!! 

Thanks. This image required a bit of post processing in Lightroom. I took several pictures and in doing so, I varied my f-stop and my relative position to the foreground. As is usually the case, one picture turned out much better than all the others. Then it was a matter of juggling the various settings available in Lightroom until I had something that I was happy with. I then made four attempts at posting the image on this forum. Each time something wasn't quite right, so I'd go back to Lightroom and make minor mods until I had an image that worked for posting on a web page. One issue that seems to continue to come up is that my images tend to come out too dim when posted on a web page. Knowing that, I will lighten my images prior to posting them to compensate.

Also posted on they Barnack February Monthly Challenge, Silver. Leica Q2, 1/1000, f/6.3, ISO 100, handheld, at the Salton Sea south of Palm Springs. The swing set is sitting in the water near the town of Bombay. A hippie, post apocalypse town that's been the set for several movies. 

Magic Mountains

More than two thousand years ago, Chinese designer invented special censers for burning costly fragrances. The lids of these containers are shaped like mountain peaks. Holes hidden in the hills allow smoke from burning incense inside to surround the mountaintop like clouds.

Train, and a ferris wheel behind. Fremantle, Western Australia.

I heard it coming, and quickly dropped to 1/8 sec to get some movement in the scene. No time to properly frame the shot, as I had to rest the Q2 on a nearby street bollard for some added stability.