Leica Q2 images, Post them here !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cohabit

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

An hommage to the past …

Kookaburra Queen 1 on the Brisbane River, QLD.

• Like 7

A restaurant in Providence, Rhode Island. Q2.

Mark B.

• Like 7

Sant Iscle d'Empordà - Catalunya - Spain

• Like 16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

• Like 8

Different angle 

• Like 6

I am new to the Q2, but from the little that I've used it I am impressed with the ease of use and the quality of the results. The following pictures are:

• Obviously the U.S. Capital 
  • These pictures have no post processing other than cropping and reducing size. There is no sharpening or other modifications (straightened the cropped photo) .
  • I've included both the original size of the two photos and 100% cop versions. 
  • Second photo is the posting following this one.

Edited by DaveCollins
explain
  • Like 2

Second photo

• Like 4

In this picture we are in Washington DC. The transportation hub Union Station is to the left and the U.S. capital building is to the right. I captured this photo to see how the Q2 would do with fall colors.

• Like 2

This photo is from South East DC, right next to the National's baseball stadium. The bridge is the Frederick Douglas bridge and it is currently in the process of being replaced. The new bridge is going to have nine arches, and the first half of an arch can be seen arching up at the right end of the bridge. The new structure is on the other side of the old bridge.

If you look carefully, you can see Venus in this photo. Venus is 80% towards the top of the photo and 60% to the right.

By the way, non of my photos have any post processing other than resizing. I don't alter colors or do any sharpening.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaveCollins said:

This photo is from South East DC, right next to the National's baseball stadium. The bridge is the Frederick Douglas bridge and it is currently in the process of being replaced. The new bridge is going to have nine arches, and the first half of an arch can be seen arching up at the right end of the bridge. The new structure is on the other side of the old bridge.

If you look carefully, you can see Venus in this photo. Venus is 80% towards the top of the photo and 60% to the right.

By the way, non of my photos have any post processing other than resizing. I don't alter colors or do any sharpening.

Enjoyed your photos. Welcome. Are you opposed to post processing? Shooting in RAW? Your photos would benefit from and you’d see the full capability of the Q2 if you processed them. I use Lightroom. 

8 minutes ago, Leica Guy said:

Enjoyed your photos. Welcome. Are you opposed to post processing? Shooting in RAW? Your photos would benefit from and you’d see the full capability of the Q2 if you processed them. I use Lightroom. 

No, I am not opposed to post processing. The photos that I posted didn't seem to need any post processing. I currently have a Canon EOS 1d from 10 years ago. When I purchased it, it was about as good an SLR as one could buy. I have a large set of L lenses to go with it. When I use that camera, I always sharpen. The pictures coming out of the camera are slightly "fuzzy". The Q2 seems to be a different class of camera. It is so good that I am in awe of it. 

If I have a picture and it needs a little help, then I'll help it along as needed. In general I like to do minimal modifications. Sharpening is something that can ruin the feel of a photo. If you happen to be after fine details, then maybe sharpening can help. But a sharpened photo appears "hard" and "stark" to my eyes. I think many photos that get posted are messed up by too much sharpening. Messing with the colors sort of falls into the same category. If one adds intensity to colors, or changes the hue, the photo can end up looking like someone changed the colors. Again, I think this sort of thing ruins photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 15

3 hours ago, DaveCollins said:

Very nice image.  Impressed with the quality of the Q2.  A friend keeps encouraging me to upgrade from the Q to Q2.  Haven't made the leap yet.

• Like 1

A art lover.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, mhicks said:

Nice composition.  Would have loved to see this in color.  I’m sure the grain in the wood is incredible to see in that environment.  

34 minutes ago, Leica Girl said:

Stunning image.   Love the composition.  May I be so bold to ask as to where it was taken?

Thanks for the nice comments. The photo was taken at the La Jolla Pier (San Diego, CA). It is actually all concrete; I will post the color version below...

Edited by el_june
  • Like 1