Leica Q2 images, Post them here !

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This kind of photography is pretty far out of my comfort zone, but I guess that's how you learn.

Just back from the Farmers' Market

Edited by fotografr
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early Morning in the Ayrshire country side Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Black and White... Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

My favourite camera of all the ones I've had is the Leica Q2 Monochrom, and I've been trying various colour cameras to see if I can work them intuitively (because thinking hurts!) and like the result. Often I've liked results, but not the process. So, the obvious thing would be the colour version of the Q2, but they are expensive. However, Ffordes in Invernesshire sent me a second-hand Q2 at a great price, and I used it for the first time on this morning's walk. It is a breeze to use - couldn't be simpler, and the lens (as with the Q2M) can slip into macro mode - very useful for a fixed-lens camera! 

I still find colour hard to work with: I'm a b&w guy. But I now have my two dream cameras, and will get to work trying to understand and perhaps one day master colour! Well, you've got to have a dream...

Just test shots of different colours. All jpgs from the camera (I forgot to check what the previous owner had set for), but with a little tweaking, mainly lifting Shadows a little. I normally use DNG only, but I'm impressed with the jpg quality.

Edited by RobM
On 7/14/2021 at 6:54 AM, beewee said:

Either plug in your card reader into the iPad and import straight into lightroom, or if you have an SL2/SL2-S, set the camera USB mode to mountable storage, then connect the camera to the iPad Pro directly via USB to import straight into lightroom. I normally use the latter since it’s equally fast and I don’t need to dig out an SD card reader.

1 hour ago, RobM said:

My favourite camera of all the ones I've had is the Leica Q2 Monochrom, and I've been trying various colour cameras to see if I can work them intuitively (because thinking hurts!) and like the result. Often I've liked results, but not the process. So, the obvious thing would be the colour version of the Q2, but they are expensive. However, Ffordes in Invernesshire sent me a second-hand Q2 at a great price, and I used it for the first time on this morning's walk. It is a breeze to use - couldn't be simpler, and the lens (as with the Q2M) can slip into macro mode - very useful for a fixed-lens camera! 

I still find colour hard to work with: I'm a b&w guy. But I now have my two dream cameras, and will get to work trying to understand and perhaps one day master colour! Well, you've got to have a dream...

Just test shots of different colours. All jpgs from the camera (I forgot to check what the previous owner had set for), but with a little tweaking, mainly lifting Shadows a little. I normally use DNG only, but I'm impressed with the jpg quality.

Your first pics looks great 👌