Leica Q2 images, Post them here !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/22/2020 at 11:46 PM, NicholasT said:

The first horizontal post feels like a stronger image.

The walking path is more dominant and helps lead the eye of the viewer into the photo which also makes the silhouette of the walker more relevant, all of which adds to the photo. Walker is rather cramped (too close to edge of photo) in vertical version. Also the hills in the mist on the right in horizontal image add “dimension” to the image, yet they are somewhat lost in the vertical version.

Lastly while the sunstar between the trees is beautiful and well executed, in horizontal image its part of a bigger tableau which increases the level of interest in the photo, whereas in vertical it becomes the main attraction (too much relative emphasis). 

Hope you don’t mind the detailed feedback. It’s a beautiful shot. I particularly love the golden colours and the contrasts between the dark and brighter parts of the image.

Thank you Nicholas, for your feedback.  This is what I am looking for rather than just a 'like'.  I see what you are talking about.  The golden colors were just as I saw them at the time.  No need for any embellishment as the smoke and sun did it all.  Thanks again and I would appreciate your feedback on any image I post.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, yohan said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I like this shot a lot for some reason.  Maybe because it looks a bit odd her sitting on that sheet out in the middle of nowhere.  Besides, it was posted on my 70th birthday, the day my wife surprised me with my Q2.

• Like 4

On 7/22/2020 at 7:01 AM, T25UFO said:

Yes, that's nice.  You can clearly see the green glow.

My first attempt at photographing Neowise with the Q2 was a disaster.  I'd forgotten that manual focus goes just beyond infinity and it so so dark I couldn't see to check the settings.  Basic human error!  Made another attempt last night at the same location - a local churchyard - with a better result.  The comet is fading now, but still clearly visible.

So, a question for you night time shooters.  I posted a few Neowise and they look great.  However, in my night shots I have noticed a large amount of coma in the stars in the corners.  It was so pronounced that I contacted Leica and they said the lens was decentered and to send it in for repair.  I opted to return it to B&H and get a replacement camera but I seem to still have the same problem.  I am wondering if you noticed this in your star photos?  I am not sure what the problem is because if I look at any daytime photos the lens is bloody sharp corner to corner.  Any insights?  I might post this as a new topic sometime when I get some nice sample shots.

18 hours ago, Bewithabob said:

"Window to a Staircase"

Leica Q2 

I am really pleased with how this image resolved in this forum, but there is even more detail in the larger file. I wish I could share, but don’t know the best way to share a link to a larger file.

i see many other images posted here which to my eye they have much greater detail and resolution. Any suggestions for sharing larger files?

• Like 1

• Like 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, micheldesvaux said:

Beautiful image. The low point of view from you, the light on the trees to the left. I love it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aram Langhans said:

I like this shot a lot for some reason.  Maybe because it looks a bit odd her sitting on that sheet out in the middle of nowhere.  Besides, it was posted on my 70th birthday, the day my wife surprised me with my Q2.

Very very nice wife you have.   True love!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hutchinson14 said:

Early Morning in the Ayrshire country side

Oh my!  That is more than SJZ's "Wow!".  One truly amazing shot of wonderful light and location.  The quintessential Scottish countryside image.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Edited by Aram Langhans
  • Like 1

Banyan Tree

• Like 14

Autumn color

• Like 16

Coffee & my New York City street photography book

More Q2 samples

I don't have a Q2 but currently selling all my CL gear (so if you know someone 🙂... ) to purchase one.
Listening, watching and reading a lot of information about the camera.

I have heard:

- All the crap that people say about high price and 'there are much better camera's for way less money' etc etc - I ignore that completely because I decide how to spend my hard earned $$'s
- Not good in low light,
- Not good for high ISO,
- Not for landscape etc etc etc etc.

Then I check out some of these images and forget all about those comments. Some are absolutely stunning images and AGAIN it shows, it's not the camera that TAKES the image.
Person, composition, light, shadow, subject...

I can't wait to have sold my CL (which I absolutely love btw, but can't afford to buy Q2 just because I like it) and just have one lens and nothing else.

Don't know why I decided to post this. I guess I was just happy to see those Q2 images to confirm it is a beauty!

Edited by rpoppes
  • Like 4