nicci78

APS-C future strategy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, bags27 said:

+1

I just stuck a M35 on my CL and love what I see. I bought that instead of an 28 f/2.8, and it was a close call. I suspect I'll have that as well soon. These great Mandler and Karbe lenses are like paintbrushes. I do have 2 TL zooms, which are terrific, but they are serviceable, while the Ms and Rs really make me think. A poor man's (and getting poorer the longer I'm on this forum!) digital M but with an EVF.

you will probably get the 28 in order to have a 35 and 50 for your CL. Hardly a poor man's M, if anything I think the CL is very much an undervalued camera. 24MP on an APS-C camera is what a cropped 50mm FOV pic on the SL2 will deliver when using a 35MM lens. Thing about the CL is that it feels like an M in your hands but operates like the SL(2). I still prefer film, and use an MA, M4 and R6.2 (not so much these days), but I take the CL along with me when I need a fast turnaround or video, and there is nothing that I have seen to convince me the SL2 or FF is better -- even in low light and I get wonderful foreground separation as well. Damn camera just feels good in my hands with an M lens attached -- and the results match up.

2 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Have you tried the Summicron-SL lenses on the CL? I find the 90mm well balanced and readily usable. 

Are you using the grip on the CL?  Because without the grip I don't them very convenient either.  

7 minutes ago, SlowDriver said:

Are you using the grip on the CL?  Because without the grip I don't them very convenient either.  

No. Left hand under the lens, supporting the weight, right hand on the body. I use a wrist strap, but it plays no part when I'm shooting.