Happy M8 owners / I can't handle this

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wow guys....Lets lighten up. If I could re-word it to better reflect the poking fun nature, I would do that, but time has expired on that post.

I just find it really comical is all, what is the harm in that?

Have a great weekend everyone:)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's my latest M8 shots. First is 24mm ASPH no IR filter, hand held. Second was either a 21mm or 28mm Zeiss ZM no IR filter. The new firmware is great.

Dave in NJ

http://www.modernpictorials.com/D246MA%2072dpi%20.jpg

http://www.modernpictorials.com/D231A%2072dpi.jpg

Spectacular results ... EXCEPT ... Leica took my money and 2 months despite a letter pleading for Pro Service ... and the 50 still is so off in focus it isn't funny.

The 50 is usless, I can't trust it ... and Leica service is no picnic. I think I'll just send to DAG or someone. Suggestions?

I suggest you persevere with getting the 50 fixed! Although I realise thats not the most practical advice. Mine was so far off from new that it was obvious on film let alone on the M8. However I took it to Solms personally, picked it up a week later and now it is oh so sweet!

Guy

The 50 is usless, I can't trust it ... and Leica service is no picnic. I think I'll just send to DAG or someone. Suggestions?

DAG. He has taken a couple of used lens that were a mile off and put them right -dead on including a 50/1.4 preASPH. He is very good and reasonable. No reason to live with such a spectacular lens out of spec.

Guest stnami

Ah, you caught me before my edit -- I toned it down a notch to be more polite. Never said "arse" though, those are your words. I'm eminently more polite than that when online. (FWIW, you might also want to try proof-reading for readability before you post

Jack , you edit a post and then ask others to read it properly............ da, da daaa. grey matter ego drama? Maybe Jack is not a real name stnami is........ didn't you sell your M8 Jack?

Thanks Jack; coming from you, that is quite a compliment

Dave

I only call them like I see them :)

Like you, I no longer bother with the IR/cut filters. Yes, color might be a bit more accurate, but the increased red sensitivity is a plus in more images for me than it hurts. One area that is benneficial is in B&W conversions...

So FWIW, I took the liberty of copying your dune jpeg just to see it in B&W -- and frankly think it makes it a lot stronger image. You might want to try doing that with the raw image and if YOU like it, maybe re-post it for us.

Cheers,

Jack

Guest guy_mancuso

Hi guys made it too the beach. Okay 30 degrees cooler suits me just fine.

Sol thank you that was very nice and customer advocate is a pretty darn cool name. I guess your right I have taken on that role and proud of it and if it helps people than any ridicule i get is meaningless because i do feel good about helping leica and end users and will continue to do that . Just trying to help Marc out makes me feel good. If that is a bad thing than i will accept that on any condition.

BTW i have absolutely no desire to be a Magnum shooter, there are many other wonderful places in photography to make a impact on your life and career.

To KM-25 if you read the last 5200 posts maybe you will understand. Nuff said

Jack love ya as always. LOL

let's get back to having some fun and what this thread was about

With so many "brands" marketed without a thought about quality or excellence, it delights me to find Leica still making its own way. The M8 is, imho, a well-deserved hit for Leica.

This forum for me has been, for the most part, an oasis for Leica lore since I got my M8 in March. I share, fwiw, Guy's judgment that any agitation here has calmed considerably of late.

LUF is my preferred resource and it has gotten even better. I hope that continues.

It is also good to know that the people in Allendale and Solms are staying the course begun now so long ago.

Used to be -- we would change (film) cameras, keep the old Leica :) lenses and everything would be just fine.

Now we change to digital (M) cameras keep the same old lenses (some back to 1968) and everythjing continues to be just fine.

I am into my second week with the M8. Love the images, love the Leica performance.

Dick B.

Your loss, Jack

:)

HI Andy - I'm guilty as well - and I agree that you're right - I do pop in photo forum from time to time, but basically I keep my eye on two or three threads here, and that takes up more of my time than it ought to (wouldn't it be nice to have 48 hours in the day!). I'm sure others have the same problem.

Guest guy_mancuso

My loss also , i have time for the M8 and that is about it, customer forum occasionally. Maybe a good thing in it's own way which would mean I'm working and making money. Hell bad enough i'm on vacation and on the forum at 5 am.

My loss also , i have time for the M8 and that is about it, customer forum occasionally. Maybe a good thing in it's own way which would mean I'm working and making money. Hell bad enough i'm on vacation and on the forum at 5 am.

go to the beach NOW (silly man)

you WILL enjoy yourself:p