[Expired] Capture One 20: Rebates Upgrade & New Purchase

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just pulled the trigger on Capture One offer, still having C1#10. My 'pay by increments' option works out to about € 2 per month.

I would happily upgrade my Lightroom#6.14 [regularly] too, but the only offer tha Adobe can think of is a monthly subscription of € 12/mo --> and I don't want a cloud service nor PS bundled in. For me that is far over the top. So bye-bye, not buy-buy for me. I will take Parallels on my big machine, I have a license. 

It is pertinent not so that software developers can only support a staff in case they offer a monthly subscription. They will anyway lean back if their shareholders want more revenues. And they will.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:00 AM, otto.f said:

Nowhere can an explanation of the urge of owning 20 be found. It could just as well be necessary for camera’s you don’t own, like Sony or Fuji. It has been a good app, C1, but for scanresults it is not ideal and I still need something else on the side for other workflow thingies and given that, it is not very cheap. 

Yes, it is a bit vague - there is not much info on the PO web site.

FWIW, I am a CO20 beta tester, but the beta agreement prevents discussion of the new software. Until there is a final public release it will in any event be impossible to judge whether or not the upgraded features are worthwhile for a given user, as by definition the software is still subject to change throughout the beta period. That said, I have already pre-ordered myself.

Also, re film scans, this is one of the frustrating things with Phase One. The software apparently contains some neat features to simplify working with film scans (inverting curves without also inverting the UI controls, colour correction/calibration etc) - but AFAIK you can only access these if you purchase the "Heritage Edition" of the software, which carries a price tag an order of magnitude higher than the versions usually sold. Not everyone digitising film archives is a large and wealthy museum.

• Like 1

2.0 is at a discount.   What is better?  Like buying a bag of drugs,  might be H, might be cocane, or aspirin.   Since they are not telling,,  I suspect not much.   Same reason I ditched Adobe cc I paid for 3 years and got zip.  Graphic artists got some stuff, photogs nary a thing.