[Expired] Capture One 20: Rebates Upgrade & New Purchase

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shortly the new Capture One 20 will hit the market, currently we have two great offers for two different target groups:

Buying Capture One 12:

• Save 10% rebate with my coupon code OCT-AF-ZEP
  • Included:  Update to Capture One 12 20 worth 159 € (full version) or 129 € (Sony/ Fuji version) 

Interested? This way please! Don't forget the coupon code OCT-AF-ZEP!

Upgrading to Capture One 20:

• … Update to Capture One 20 has a 20% discount
  • …plus 10% rebate with my coupon code OCT-AF-ZEP
  • … adds up to saving 28%!

Interested in the update? Click here! And don't forget the coupon code OCT-AF-ZEP!

Update: Offer is expired - sorry!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lanark said:

What is a "capture one 12"? A lens, a filter, something else, I have no idea.

It is software for processing RAW files (think Lightroom as opposed to Photoshop). Depending upon one's needs, it may be a useful application. I'm sure that many on this forum have strong opinions, one way or the other, as to the utility and perceived value of this, and similar software applications.

Tr

27 minutes ago, Tom R said:

It is software for processing RAW files (think Lightroom as opposed to Photoshop). Depending upon one's needs, it may be a useful application. I'm sure that many on this forum have strong opinions, one way or the other, as to the utility and perceived value of this, and similar software applications.

Tr

Given how Apple, among others, bends over backwards to provide easy-to-employ system resources there is nothing but laziness to explain certain vendors' shortcomings. Software I wrote for my university twenty+ years ago still runs happily.

I don't understand how "Buying Capture One 12" includes "Update to Capture 12"? I clicked on the link and it says "Buy Capture One Pro 12 and get the upcoming Capture One Pro 20 free." Confusing! 

6 hours ago, pico said:

Given how Apple, among others, bends over backwards to provide easy-to-employ system resources there is nothing but laziness to explain certain vendors' shortcomings. Software I wrote for my university twenty+ years ago still runs happily.

The major requirement for being a programmer is laziness. I suspect people work really hard to use dubious features of an API to provide obsolescence.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 5 Stunden schrieb NZDavid:

I don't understand how "Buying Capture One 12" includes "Update to Capture 12"? I clicked on the link and it says "Buy Capture One Pro 12 and get the upcoming Capture One Pro 20 free." Confusing! 

Sorry for that – typo on my side.

It's the update to Capture 20 of course.

Andreas

• Thanks 1

Nowhere can an explanation of the urge of owning 20 be found. It could just as well be necessary for camera’s you don’t own, like Sony or Fuji. It has been a good app, C1, but for scanresults it is not ideal and I still need something else on the side for other workflow thingies and given that, it is not very cheap. 

Edited by otto.f

Functionality and results are the main thing. I'm disappointed that so much softer is now subscription only -- I'd prefer to pay for it and keep i! Thanks Andreas for the offer, I'll look into it.

2 hours ago, NZDavid said:

Functionality and results are the main thing. I'm disappointed that so much softer is now subscription only -- I'd prefer to pay for it and keep i! Thanks Andreas for the offer, I'll look into it.

You can still buy a Perpetual license for Capture One.

Surely subscriptions are the only sensible way to fund software. It requires constant maintenance, for bugs and to keep it alive over infrastructure changes and also to keep up with new algorithms which can improve the product. Look at all the hardware you have had to throw away because nobody was making a living keeping the drivers running.

1 hour ago, Exodies said:

Surely subscriptions are the only sensible way to fund software. It requires constant maintenance, for bugs and to keep it alive over infrastructure changes and also to keep up with new algorithms which can improve the product. Look at all the hardware you have had to throw away because nobody was making a living keeping the drivers running.

Don't tell Hasselblad that, please!

Edited by wellfleet

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Xavier:

Until when is that promotion available ?

Until tomorrow (October 31st, 23.59 European time) – if you mean the coupon code OCT-AF-ZEP

The 20% pre-order rebate will stay until the official release – but Phase One doesn't provide a specific date.

Bottom line: Don't wait too long ;)

Andreas

2 hours ago, LUF Admin said:

The 20% pre-order rebate will stay until the official release – but Phase One doesn't provide a specific date.

Andreas

Phase One isn't even providing information on what the new features are compared to CO 12. Strange.

As much as saving money is attractive I don't want to save 20% on something I potentially don't need. : ) 

1 hour ago, Matariki said:

Phase One isn't even providing information on what the new features are compared to CO 12. Strange.

As much as saving money is attractive I don't want to save 20% on something I potentially don't need. : ) 

I wonder: If more people thought this way perhaps at least 50% of the software applications commonly discussed on this and similar forums would never be written...and that might not be a bad thing. Come to think of it, the same might apply to a similar percentage of photographic equipment.

• Like 1