Leica M3 or Leica MP?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No it had 3 pins coming down looked like a quick load system, but I had to push the film into the spool until the full thickness of the film was on the spool, even then only 2 out of 3 loads worked, I suspect the piece that was to hold the film on the spool had lost its springiness. Bought a standard spool (pull out attach tip of the film, push back in, check that the sprockets are aligned). A pain but I have done it so many times.

Will have to wait camera is waiting for a part at YYE.

Now I have both, M3 and the MP. The film now is on dry.....

BTW to load a film into a M3 is really easy if you do exactly this:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

1 hour ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

No it had 3 pins coming down looked like a quick load system, but I had to push the film into the spool until the full thickness of the film was on the spool, even then only 2 out of 3 loads worked, I suspect the piece that was to hold the film on the spool had lost its springiness. Bought a standard spool (pull out attach tip of the film, push back in, check that the sprockets are aligned). A pain but I have done it so many times.

Will have to wait camera is waiting for a part at YYE.

Hello Tom,

Did you try opening the back, putting the cartridge in on the left side & then pushing the film into the tulip: Until the film was properly pushed to where the sprocket holes were over the sprocket & the film was parallel to the film guides at the point where it should be when the film is travelling correctly? And then slightly advancing the film until the sprocket engages the sprocket holes? And then snugging up the rewind? And then advancing the film a little before closing the back & putting back the base plate?

And then advancing & snugging the film 2 times with a lens cap on or with the lens otherwise covered before taking the first exposure?

Best Regards,

Michael

51 minutes ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

Hello Tom,

Did you try opening the back, putting the cartridge in on the left side & then pushing the film into the tulip: Until the film was properly pushed to where the sprocket holes were over the sprocket & the film was parallel to the film guides at the point where it should be when the film is travelling correctly? And then slightly advancing the film until the sprocket engages the sprocket holes? And then snugging up the rewind? And then advancing the film a little before closing the back & putting back the base plate?

And then advancing & snugging the film 2 times with a lens cap on or with the lens otherwise covered before taking the first exposure?

Best Regards,

Michael

Just wasn't catching as I said I had to go as far as having to pull it out and insert the film until the second set of sprockets were on the spool, I couldn't do that while the spool was in the camera. With the spool in the camera I could insert the film and get the second set of sprocket holes on the film advance sprockets, I could do 2 advances and then the film would come off the spool after I had closed the camera, happened to 3 rolls of film. Was glad I found some reusable cassettes in my photo supplies.

• Thanks 1