“Leica Account” at club.leica-camera.com

M9reno

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The old Leica Owners’ Area has been recently transformed to the “Leica Account”. However, the vast majority of the registration information I had placed in the old site (camera serial numbers, price, and related info.) seems to have disappeared.  Only five or six products are now listed under My Products.  The rest (a fairly large number of new and second-hand items) are now nowhere to be seen.

Temporary glitch or massive loss of data?

Have others been affected?

Many thanks.

It did not recognize my password at first. After the change of password the system still held my account information and all of the two products I had registered. I then unregistered the two products and registered the newer ones. That turned out to be a bit confusing, but in the end I managed to register all but one, the venerable Summicron-C which they don't appear to know. The Summicron-T isn't known, either, but they accept the Summicron-TL instead.

The items I registered before are all still there - though not the photos I uploaded for them. I remember they announced long ago that the photos would be lost with an update of the site.

I tried to register some more items - and found out that the new "functions" are a P.i.t.a (to put it kindly...)

The Elmarit-M (III) 1:2/28mm No.11904 is listed - but when I entered my serial number, they tell me that it does not fit the item. (All other data bases I know tell me that my lens is one of a batch of 1000 produced in 1981). The site knows my lens better.

The 35mm Summilux pre-asph. is not listed - at least not in its usual built; I only find some "platin", "titan" and even a "gold" version. 

No Super-Angulon; the only screw-mount lens listed is a 1:1,4/50mm Summilux...; no R-lenses.

I cannot imagine, whom they paid to make up such a mess. 

23 minutes ago, UliWer said:

The items I registered before are all still there - though not the photos I uploaded for them. I remember they announced long ago that the photos would be lost with an update of the site.

I tried to register some more items - and found out that the new "functions" are a P.i.t.a (to put it kindly...)

The Elmarit-M (III) 1:2/28mm No.11904 is listed - but when I entered my serial number, they tell me that it does not fit the item. (All other data bases I know tell me that my lens is one of a batch of 1000 produced in 1981). The site knows my lens better.

The 35mm Summilux pre-asph. is not listed - at least not in its usual built; I only find some "platin", "titan" and even a "gold" version. 

No Super-Angulon; the only screw-mount lens listed is a 1:1,4/50mm Summilux...; no R-lenses.

Probably the people Boeing fired!!

• Haha 3

Working, but not in any recognisable order. Previously they were in the order in which they were entered. IT and Software have never been a strong points with Leica.

11 minutes ago, UliWer said:

I hope that they did not pay much. They have made something that was useful, much less useful. They are not alone in this. Apple, Google, Adobe etc regularly make unannounced changes which make their products and services worse than they were before.

One thing fellow readers might have noticed is the question at the bottom about what other corresponding camera makes do I use. I don't intend to provide this, but I have clicked the 'other' box. If they ask what this includes, I will mention Vest Pocket Kodaks, Reids, Corfields, a Leotax and a Sinar (owned by Leica, of course) which I used at a large format workshop today. That should have the gnomes of Wetzlar scratching their heads. Most of the very large number of Leica items that I have registered are vintage items and so I would be providing the most relevant information.

William

Not really working.

After having to reset my password (it couldn't find me with the old one), it shows I have nothing registered. I have tried to re-register my M-D, for example, but it says that number is already registered. All of my old lenses and cameras (my barnacks and my M2, all of my LTM lenses), previously registered , are gone. And, it seems you can only register current products. 

So, pretty useless right now. 

What was it I read recently, about Leica moving more into software design?  Ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update from Wetzlar: 

“Please be informed that the technical implementation of the new ‘Leica Accounts’ is not yet complete.  We still work on it and it will still take a few weeks before the new Leica Account is fully available again.  Unfortunately, a some older, analogue Leica products can not be registered at the moment.These categories will be available again in the foreseeable future.  Thank you for your understanding.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1