New Firmware 2.0.6

jto555

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Vip said:

I had updated my m 240 with this latest firmware. Since that point when I switch on the camera I had to wait from 1 to 2 minutes before it is ready to shot. The red led in the back is continuously flashing till became available to shot. I Anyone knows if there is any possibilities to go back to the previous firmware?

You may wish to format your card with SD Card Formatter. See my pdf file attached above:

Dear Ict,

It works!

My deep gratitude. I was surprised because I did it on my M240 at least four times on two different Sd card unsuccessfully. I think that this also should be fixed in a future firmware as the normal "on board" formatting Sd is not that effective.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vip said:

Dear Ict,

It works!

My deep gratitude. I was surprised because I did it on my M240 at least four times on two different Sd card unsuccessfully. I think that this also should be fixed in a future firmware as the normal "on board" formatting Sd is not that effective.

Glad SD Card Formatter fixed your problem but the M240 is not alone. I don't format my memory cards in any on my digital cameras anymore. YMMV but my best advice FWIW is to always format with SD Card Formatter then to format again in the camera if one feels more comfortable doing so. On the M240, it makes a significance difference on startup times as shown on my pdf file attached above.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 5:44 AM, Exodies said:

Happy to have the GPS change. Would like the option to keep the last position until the GPS is switched off. I’m always closer to my last known position than to nowhere (coordinates 0,0,0).

Nowhere is not (0,0,0). It's off the west coast of Africa on the Equator

Really annoyed that they didn't fix this - if GPS hasn't been set then the EXIF should contain <Null> for GPS data like every other camera manufacturer manages to do.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, terrycym said:

Yup.   Leica is the first (and only, so far) camera vendor I've run into that uses the "GPSStatus" tag to say if the GPS values are valid or not.   If the status tag exists and has the value "V" (for void) the GPS data must be ignored.   Some mapping applications do not have code to handle that tag and therefor process the 0/0 lat/lon as a location.  Such apps assume that if GPS data is present it is valid.

5 hours ago, terrycym said:

Really annoyed that they didn't fix this - if GPS hasn't been set then the EXIF should contain <Null> for GPS data like every other camera manufacturer manages to do.  

Whatever, I’m always further from null than anywhere else. I would like to keep the last known location for ever.

1 hour ago, Exodies said:

Whatever, I’m always further from null than anywhere else. I would like to keep the last known location for ever.

I don't want previous location or what-so-ever 0,0,0

I want the GPS to work as it supposed to be.  it's now taking few minutes to locate which is way too slow. 

Edited by jaeger

Jaeger perhaps you have expectations beyond existing technology.

I've had a few GPS systems, including many dedicated Garmin type.  

They all take time to get a first fix, and even then poor units will drop out pretty easily.

I just wonder if wishful thinking for GPS location, on-the-fly is beyond us at the moment.  Can't see an immediate future with quick turn-on and immediate positioning...just not going to happen.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, lct said:

Done this a couple years ago with the M240. Old SD cards were faster curiously. See:

M240-M82_sdcards_times.xls.pdf 30.01 kB · 22 downloads

Thanks for the testing.  I used to just use sdformatter, and wasn't sure anything improved, when using my M8's.  But now often with my M-P (240).  

After your testing i will use sdformatter once downloaded my pics , and then in-camera format too...should improve start-up time. Perhaps other response times too, even though the M-P does have bigger buffer, and may be quicker too.  Did notice recently turn-on time was near 3 seconds...so will see if improved.

All best.

54 minutes ago, david strachan said:

Jaeger perhaps you have expectations beyond existing technology.

I've had a few GPS systems, including many dedicated Garmin type.  

They all take time to get a first fix, and even then poor units will drop out pretty easily.

I just wonder if wishful thinking for GPS location, on-the-fly is beyond us at the moment.  Can't see an immediate future with quick turn-on and immediate positioning...just not going to happen.

really, then my iPhone must be wrong.  it takes... about 3 seconds to sync with the satellite.   

5 hours ago, david strachan said:

Thanks for the testing.  I used to just use sdformatter, and wasn't sure anything improved, when using my M8's.  But now often with my M-P (240).  

After your testing i will use sdformatter once downloaded my pics , and then in-camera format too...should improve start-up time. Perhaps other response times too, even though the M-P does have bigger buffer, and may be quicker too.  Did notice recently turn-on time was near 3 seconds...so will see if improved.

All best.

Is there a Windows equivalent of SDFormatter?

• 2 weeks later...

I did the 2.0.6 update:
I'm still alive;
I'm still in 2019;
my 17 yo son still has to graduate, he has no driver licence and doesn't live with his wife yet.
outside the window town's still populated; 
M 240 didn't turn yellow;
I still have to wear glasses when reading;
my wife doesn't turn to be Charlize Theron yet.

Oh, and it didn’t wipe my user profiles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, epand56 said:

I did the 2.0.6 update:
I'm still alive;
I'm still in 2019;
my 17 yo son still has to graduate, he has no driver licence and doesn't live with his wife yet.
my wife doesn't turn to be Charlize Theron yet.

Congratulations. Have you been convinced by colleagues doing it last month? :D

• Haha 1

I did the 2.0.6 update:
I'm still alive;
I'm still in 2019;
my 45 year old son is getting divorced
my wife doesn't turn out to be Ursula Undress (yet).

:)

• Like 1