• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firmware update 2.0.6.0 improvements according to MacFilos (link) : • Optimisation to prevent the camera controls from becoming unresponsive after a series of continuous burst photos fills the buffer. • The selected user profile will be displayed even when exposure compensation has been adjusted. Exposure compensation is no longer saved to the user profile. • Memory cards with a capacity up to 512 GB are supported. • The default file format settings upon camera reset have been changed

Done this a couple years ago with the M240. Old SD cards were faster curiously. See: M240-M82_sdcards_times.xls.pdf   

I did the 2.0.6 update: I'm still alive; I'm still in 2019; my 17 yo son still has to graduate, he has no driver licence and doesn't live with his wife yet. outside the window town's still populated;  M 240 didn't turn yellow; I still have to wear glasses when reading; my wife doesn't turn to be Charlize Theron yet. Oh, and it didn’t wipe my user profiles.

Anyone got any idea which bugs are being fixed? 

I didn't do the previous update, as I don't just routinely update any of my electronica...sometimes they are just updates to give a new suite of advertising (particularly on mobile phones, for example).

My M-P (typ 240) has been bug free as far as I remember...just an occasional blank exposure...but very reliable really. I use it pretty well every day.

Anyway, I am willing to be the guinea-pig and do the update; I'll let you know.

Edited by david strachan

I just updated mine.  I've never done this before on a Leica, although I have updated Pentax cameras several times.  I must say I was worried, but it was just as easy as a Pentax, and much faster.  So far I cannot tell any difference.  All my settings are the same.  A few test shots also shows no difference.  

Wayne 

Just did the update. The only difference I've noticed so far is, my M-P's menu now lists the firmware as "2.0.6.0". I was running f/w version 2.0.3.0 and didn't know I was so far out-of-date. I'm amazed my camera was still working! 

Would be curious to know about the bugs Leica fixed. I'm happy to say, my 240 M-P has been flawless since day-one. Leica is to be commended for providing updates for "older" cameras once newer models are released.

Rich H. 

51 minutes ago, Exodies said:

The only reproducible bug I know about hasn’t been fixed (problem 2 in the link). Note this bug exists on M typ 240 as well.

Can't seem to replicate this problem on my M240. Never got any lockup or freeze since 2013 i must say. My advice FWIW disable auto review if you don't need it, the camera will be more responsive this way.

1 minute ago, lct said:

Can't seem to replicate this problem on my M240. Never got any lockup or freeze since 2013 i must say. My advice FWIW disable auto review if you don't need it, the camera will be more responsive this way.

I agree it’s not an issue in normal use, but the bug exists, is reproducible and therefore fixable. It took me 14 shots to get it today, don’t forget to zoom in past the point where the thumbnail is used. 

To recap:

DNG only

ISO 3200

Auto review 3 sec

Shoot, zoom in immediately (give the thumbwheel a good twist) - repeat this a dozen or so times

Camera will lock up but will respond to power off and on. 

4 minutes ago, Exodies said:

I agree it’s not an issue in normal use, but the bug exists, is reproducible and therefore fixable. It took me 14 shots to get it today, don’t forget to zoom in past the point where the thumbnail is used. 

To recap:

DNG only

ISO 3200

Auto review 3 sec

Shoot, zoom in immediately (give the thumbwheel a good twist) - repeat this a dozen or so times

Camera will lock up but will respond to power off and on. 

Just tried again but no lockup here sorry. 

1 hour ago, Exodies said:

The only reproducible bug I know about hasn’t been fixed (problem 2 in the link). Note this bug exists on M typ 240 as well.

Thanks for reporting back.

In order to reproduce this bug, steps must be followed closely. For example, if you use jpg+dng setting, then this problem will not occur.

20 minutes ago, 262 said:

In order to reproduce this bug, steps must be followed closely. For example, if you use jpg+dng setting, then this problem will not occur.

All i can say is i did not get your bug when following closely your procedure sorry. Edit: I mean on my M240 from 2013, no idea about the M262.

Edited by lct
2 minutes ago, lct said:

All i can say is i did not get your bug when following closely your procedure sorry. 

About how many shoots you took in your test in low light with zooming in completely after each shoot?

I can also say that this problem is confirmed by Leica German support as firmware bug. 

10 minutes ago, 262 said:

About how many shoots you took in your test in low light with zooming in completely after each shoot?

I can also say that this problem is confirmed by Leica German support as firmware bug. 

20+ shots at f/2 and f/16 but if Leica confirms this bug on the M240 (does it really?) there's nothing i can say.