Serial number location D-Lux 7

1 hour ago, lykaman said:

On the Box" -- on the base of the Camera...... Nice Camera, Congrats..     L

Hi lykaman,
Here you are to my rescue at least a second time! But...even though I know that is the serial number found both on box and base of camera as you informed, Leica still won’t allow me to register the camera online! Tried to include a screen shot but size will not allow. Basically, Leica’s site states the serial number does not match the product purchased. I’ve tried reloading the page and logging out then back in. Still no joy in Mudville! I think it may have to do with the Adobe Lightroom thing at the bottom of the page. Heck..I don’t even want that! It requires a monthly subscription to Adobes Creative Cloud and I absolutely refuse. I have the stand alone version of Photoshop CS 6 and though I’ll never get any updates for it...it is good enough for me! I just want to register the darn camera and that has to be done online!

As to the camera itself, I am overjoyed with it! I also bought a Mega Gear brown leather half case for it which includes a strap, and case allows full access to battery and SD card, as well as tripod thread while still protecting the camera’s bottom. I also ordered the Leica Auto Lens Cap and it is supposed to arrive within the week.

So...other than the whole registration bug a boo..I am a happy camper! Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

Unkei  (David)

27 minutes ago, Unkei said:

Hi lykaman,
Here you are to my rescue at least a second time! But...even though I know that is the serial number found both on box and base of camera as you informed, Leica still won’t allow me to register the camera online! Tried to include a screen shot but size will not allow. Basically, Leica’s site states the serial number does not match the product purchased. I’ve tried reloading the page and logging out then back in. Still no joy in Mudville! I think it may have to do with the Adobe Lightroom thing at the bottom of the page. Heck..I don’t even want that! It requires a monthly subscription to Adobes Creative Cloud and I absolutely refuse. I have the stand alone version of Photoshop CS 6 and though I’ll never get any updates for it...it is good enough for me! I just want to register the darn camera and that has to be done online!

As to the camera itself, I am overjoyed with it! I also bought a Mega Gear brown leather half case for it which includes a strap, and case allows full access to battery and SD card, as well as tripod thread while still protecting the camera’s bottom. I also ordered the Leica Auto Lens Cap and it is supposed to arrive within the week.

So...other than the whole registration bug a boo..I am a happy camper! Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

Unkei  (David)

The next question is:- Where/Who did you buy the camera from?  I know that Leica are updating various parts of their website..  Why not email Leica in New York and deal directly with them..  Otherwise just use and enjoy the camera..You have the reciept to prove purchase.. 

28 minutes ago, lykaman said:

The next question is:- Where/Who did you buy the camera from?  I know that Leica are updating various parts of their website..  Why not email Leica in New York and deal directly with them..  Otherwise just use and enjoy the camera..You have the reciept to prove purchase.. 

I bought it from leicacamerausa.com .Didn’t want to deal with third parties. The case and auto lens cap, I got from Amazon, as we are Prime members and pay no tax or shipping. And Amazon just has a great return policy. I’ve gotten an email off to Leica about the registration snafu.

Cheers,

Unkei  (David)