Overgaard Lens Shade Not Received

dlcarr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 hours ago, hdmesa said:

A while back, I ordered a Leica thumb grip for the Q2 off eBay. The product packaging was very good, but slight variances made it clear it was counterfeit (fonts, angle on the thumb grip). The seller refunded the purchase and included a Q2 ventilated hood for my troubles. This hood was surprisingly well-made with a great fit and finish. It must have cost them very little. It looks exactly like the Overgaard one, so I wouldn't hesitate to order a cheap one off eBay and feel smug knowing you got the same thing for much less.

I ordered one off eBay on Sunday, got it today. It cost £4.95, a tad cheaper than £110. The only difference is that you can't screw a filter into the front, though it sits on the thread of a filter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 7:55 PM, Giguchan said:

I asked Adam  if they only ship when they get more than one order

We'll  see if i get a reply.  Who know he might even be watching this Board.  I hope so anyway.

This is what i received.

"I don't think that is what is going on, but yes the shades are shipping from Hong Kong. 

I am in Canada and am not involved in the process of shipping. 

The best I can determine is that there are delays which Thorsten is slowly but surely catching up"

15 hours ago, LexS said:

So, effectively nobody is helping, ordering, the shipping process ???

This is the last bit of info i received.    They're shipped from China  so i think after the initial order is made  it's up to them.

someone suggested  that  they sit on orders  until they get enough and  THEN  go to ship-  even though they're in stock. There's  no reason why they can't ship as soon as the order is received.   

Orderd mine one month ago with no reply exept from Paypal reciept.

Contacted Thorsten and was told I should get shipping info from Cynthia. Now 14 weeks later still no info, so mailed Thorsten today about my intentions of contacting PayPal if nothing happened.

Just have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

I have orderes items from all corners of the world without any problems in either shipping or communications. This is the worst I ever experienced in regards to customer service.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, Kittelsen said:

Ordered mine one month ago with no reply except from PayPal receipt.

Contacted Thorsten and was told I should get shipping info from Cynthia. Now 14 weeks later still no info, so mailed Thorsten today about my intentions of contacting PayPal if nothing happened.

Just have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens.

I have orders items from all corners of the world without any problems in either shipping or communications. This is the worst I ever experienced in regards to customer service.

Agreed.  I had my ADM case  CUSTOM made in Korea  it  got here faster than my Lens shade.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, Mark Hemming said:

I ordered one off eBay on Sunday, got it today. It cost £4.95, a tad cheaper than £110. The only difference is that you can't screw a filter into the front, though it sits on the thread of a filter.

I wonder what the mark-up is? Making a custom version that uses the lens's hood thread or adds an extra front filter thread must add a few $, but not $105 (even with the fancy packaging). It might be interesting to contact some of the HK/China manufacturers who make the generic versions and get a quote...

On 12/17/2021 at 10:33 AM, Anbaric said:

I wonder what the mark-up is? Making a custom version that uses the lens's hood thread or adds an extra front filter thread must add a few $, but not $105 (even with the fancy packaging). It might be interesting to contact some of the HK/China manufacturers who make the generic versions and get a quote...

I don't know what the Mark up is but the quality is what keeps me  coming back..  it aint the customer service

I ordered a Q2 Lenshood on Aug 23rd. He never shipped. Tried to reach Thorsten many times.

Thorsten answered my email once. Then stopped  answering since October. By the way the items is listed "in stock" since October and nothing has been shipped so far.

I made a terrible mistake by shopping from Thorsten.

I dropped them a final email just now, stating if they don't refund by Christmas, I will raise a dispute on PayPal.

Don't buy from Thorsten. He is a fraud. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Chinese probably locked him up for not paying the manufacturer. Anyone who buys into this guys nonsense deserves what they get. He’s an overrated, self created guru and doesn’t belong in the digital world. His product is cheap, Chinese made knock offs. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I ordered a lens shade in late October 2021 and it is currently mid March 2022 and I have received nothing.   Upon sending repeated emails, I was told they can take up to 12 weeks to ship the lens shade (there was nothing of the sort stated on their ordering page).   Despite being past the 12 weeks Overgaard's assistant claims I will receive my shade and they hope to expedite my order.   I am not sure if this is just a scam, but if I don't receive the shade by April 2022, I will be using legal avenues through PayPal to get my money back and will cease watching anything Overgaard produces.   It is unfortunate that I did not check this forum before attempting to buy one of his lens shades.   Thanks.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:14 PM, kbayik said:

I ordered a Q2 Lenshood on Aug 23rd. He never shipped. Tried to reach Thorsten many times.

Thorsten answered my email once. Then stopped  answering since October. By the way the items is listed "in stock" since October and nothing has been shipped so far.

I made a terrible mistake by shopping from Thorsten.

I dropped them a final email just now, stating if they don't refund by Christmas, I will raise a dispute on PayPal.

Don't buy from Thorsten. He is a fraud. 

I received mine around Jan22. It took 5 months to receive. If they would respond to my emails - just say sorry it is gonna take a looong long time - I wouldn’t even make a big deal out of it. Anyways, I received mine and it looks good.

• Like 1

Sounds like a scam to me? why order one at all with all this negative comments?

I would take them to court, there is no excuse! you pay for an item so what gives him the right not to full fill the obligation to provide you with said item? 

Its just not right, and the money they charge for ALL their goods they should arrive the next day utter disgrace and deserve to go out of business.

• Thanks 1

Today I received another sales letter from him:

"19.03.2022 13:30 Thorsten Overgaard <news@thorstenovergaard.photography>:
Hello!
Today is my birthday sale for subscribers. Enjoy a unique Masterclasses on the Leica cameras. For you as a subscriber I take 90% off the price. Just like that. Simply use the code: "HAPPYBIRTHDAY" on checkout.
Available video masterclasses with 90% discount:
Leica Q2 Masterclass
Leica Q Masterclass
Leica M10 Masterclass
Leica M240 Masterclass
Leica TL2 Quick Start
The video classes are video you can download to computer, iPad and smartphone and watch anytime and anywhere you like - and as many times as you want. Each masterclass comes with a worksheet with key points and drills.
/Thorsten Overgaard"

I'd only buy a lens shade from him, if he also gave a 90% discount.😀
But since he sometimes writes here in the LUF, why not ask him directly about missing lens shades?
Judging by his high prices for his worldwide seminars and activities, I suspect his trade in simple photo accessories is just an annoying side business for his assistants, even a gracious concession based on inquiries from stubborn customers.

Hey Gang,

I finally  received my lens  shade  this past weekend..  for my Q2M...  I have a RED lens shade  that i purchased  that i don't use.  if anyone is interested in it let me know.

On the other hand  is there  anyone who  uses the Overgaard  lens shade  on either their  35/50mm  summilux?

I know  it's a silly move but i think i might  order 2 more..

10 hours ago, Paul B said:

Sounds like a scam to me? why order one at all with all this negative comments?

I would take them to court, there is no excuse! you pay for an item so what gives him the right not to full fill the obligation to provide you with said item? 

Its just not right, and the money they charge for ALL their goods they should arrive the next day utter disgrace and deserve to go out of business.

It's certainly  not a scam...  just poor /slow shipping and a  lot of non communication. I am not sure where  he gets his product from   this last unit came from Florida and not overseas like the other units i have purchased  came from.There's a reason  why it takes so long.

2 hours ago, Giguchan said:

On the other hand  is there  anyone who  uses the Overgaard  lens shade  on either their  35/50mm  summilux?

I know  it's a silly move but i think i might  order 2 more..

Why not just order a generic hood on ebay? The quality is suprisingly good, you'll save about 90% of the price, probably get it a lot quicker, and if there are any problems ebay will sort out a refund. They probably all come from China/HK anyway, wherever Thorsten or anyone else is sending them from.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:33 PM, Giguchan said:

Hey Gang,

I finally  received my lens  shade  this past weekend..  for my Q2M...  I have a RED lens shade  that i purchased  that i don't use.  if anyone is interested in it let me know.

I got mine, too. Nice quality, but the wait is way, way too long. 

Allan