Overgaard Lens Shade Not Received

dlcarr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

23 hours ago, lanetomlane said: 

....I have only met the guy once when he gave a presentation to the Leica Society but have never bought anything from him.

Why would a camera club promote him?  I doubt he'd come for free given what I've read about him here, unless he was overstocked on lens hoods of course.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Why would a camera club promote him?  I doubt he'd come for free given what I've read about him here, unless he was overstocked on lens hoods of course.

Several people joined the Society to be able to attend his presentation. Don't know if he was paid.

Keep him on Leica 'fotographie' and he is good value and entertaining. In fairness he didn't promote any of his 'items'.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 3:33 PM, pedaes said:

Several people joined the Society to be able to attend his presentation. Don't know if he was paid.

Keep him on Leica 'fotographie' and he is good value and entertaining. In fairness he didn't promote any of his 'items'.

But the appearance also happened just after elephant-bag-gate, so one or two other members of the Society also refused to attend the presentation for that reason.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:33 PM, pedaes said:

Keith, I perceive him as part of the 'luxury goods' end of Leica, but then I never read anything that he writes. Here, Macfilos and the TLS and LHSA websites are the only Leica related sites that I view on a regular basis. My main interest is in vintage Leicas, of course. Any current stuff gets no more than a fleeting glance from me. 

21 hours ago, M9reno said:

But the appearance also happened just after elephant-bag-gate, so one or two other members of the Society also refused to attend the presentation for that reason.

Alfonso, I missed the High Wycombe event because of logistics for me and not because of elephant bags, whatever they might be. I remember that there was a furore of some kind, but I had forgotten about it until now. 

William

8 minutes ago, willeica said:

Alfonso, I missed the High Wycombe event because of logistics for me and not because of elephant bags, whatever they might be. I remember that there was a furore of some kind, but I had forgotten about it until now. 

William

Even though I practically live next door to the venue, for me it was all about the bags, so I boycotted - I got very frothy around the mouth about that one!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is as close  to an ETA as i will get..  Check back with me in 4 months

"The lens shade ships from Hong Kong and the team that ships the lens shade will send you the tracking numbers as soon as they ship it. 

It's going to be within 90 to 120 days. There is no option for expedited shipping currently. Everything ships in around the three month mark I am seeing" 

1 hour ago, Giguchan said:

This is as close  to an ETA as i will get..  Check back with me in 4 months

"The lens shade ships from Hong Kong and the team that ships the lens shade will send you the tracking numbers as soon as they ship it. 

It's going to be within 90 to 120 days. There is no option for expedited shipping currently. Everything ships in around the three month mark I am seeing" 

Wise of you to order now, whilst it's winter and there's less sunlight....you should have it in time for Spring.

Maybe order one of the cheap options from China on ebay, just to compare delivery times.

Edited by earleygallery

I don't get it...  I'm told that they are IN FACT in stock..  They don't answer emails very quickly either. It   took me 3 days  to get the above reply.

If this product wasn't as good as it is  i would've bailed  ages ago.  They are coming from China anyhow.  I got some Film from JCH  it was here in 4-5 days!

On 11/4/2021 at 2:42 AM, Giguchan said:

I don't get it...  I'm told that they are IN FACT in stock..  They don't answer emails very quickly either. It   took me 3 days  to get the above reply.

If this product wasn't as good as it is  i would've bailed  ages ago.  They are coming from China anyhow.  I got some Film from JCH  it was here in 4-5 days!

I ordered mine in June, and in fairness to them changed the order just before the end of June. I've sent a number of emails asking for when it will be shipped and sometimes get a reply. I had one of those circular advertising emails saying they were in stock on 21st September and emailed to ask if mine would be now dispatched. I didn't get a reply and chased again. I was told on the 13th October "The lens shades are finally shipping again after quite a long delay.   Your order is in the queue.  You will get an email as soon as it ships". I haven't had an email, a lens shade or a hint of how long soon is. I've thought a lot about posting this, its been a hard year or so for many in business but they've been sat on my hard earned hundred quid since June (5 months!) and I've began to suspect they haven't been made yet. A definitive statement in email responses would also help and reassure.

I looked up my order for the Safari Green olive shade I ordered my Leica Q. It looks like I waited a month after the initial order to contact the online shop for shipment info. Zip, no reply. I paid with Paypal, so I opened a non-reciept case with Paypal. Seven days later I got shipping information from Hong Kong,

So, maybe if you paid with Paypal, opening a case MAY get their attention?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, higa said:

I looked up my order for the Safari Green olive shade I ordered my Leica Q. It looks like I waited a month after the initial order to contact the online shop for shipment info. Zip, no reply. I paid with Paypal, so I opened a non-reciept case with Paypal. Seven days later I got shipping information from Hong Kong,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure  of what they are waiting for.  This latest order  has only been in a week so i am going to give them another few weeks and then after that I might go  to your strategy.

The Item IS in stock and yet they're still saying   4-12 weeks. I received a Package  from JCH  4 or 5 days  from Japan.  I also received my Custom  ADM Case(for the MP)  from South Korea  in just 3 Months.  

Thanks.

20 hours ago, higa said:

This is something you sometimes see with small businesses run by an individual. At some point they may start using the incoming money to fund their own lifestyle while only letting a trickle of the incoming money go toward paying for the products to be made. Eventually it takes many new orders to fund a small amount of orders to get made. The business can never afford to produce all outstanding orders at once. They are trapped. And they can't shut the business down or they will be left with the large pool of undelivered products, and their lifestyle may have become dependent on using the incoming orders as income.

This is why initiating a PayPal dispute actually gets your order out. You get moved to the front of the line because you become more urgent than the next person who had been waiting even longer. Too many PayPal disputes in a given timeframe can get their PayPal business account investigated and/or suspended.

Never buy anything online from a small business without using PayPal or a credit card with an excellent purchase guarantee feature.

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, Giguchan said:

"The lens shade ships from Hong Kong and the team that ships the lens shade will send you the tracking numbers as soon as they ship it."

I got the same message from Adam Medeiros <am@overgaard.dk> in July, four months after ordering. Still haven't seen it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllanC said:

Adam Medeiros, <am@overgaard.dk>, runs the retail operation, as far a I can tell.

Thanks,

I wanted to make sure that was the same address i was using. Yes,  i think you're right.  he's the only communication i have had  within the retail section.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:44 PM, Mark Hemming said:

I ordered mine in June, and in fairness to them changed the order just before the end of June. I've sent a number of emails asking for when it will be shipped and sometimes get a reply. I had one of those circular advertising emails saying they were in stock on 21st September and emailed to ask if mine would be now dispatched. I didn't get a reply and chased again. I was told on the 13th October "The lens shades are finally shipping again after quite a long delay.   Your order is in the queue.  You will get an email as soon as it ships". I haven't had an email, a lens shade or a hint of how long soon is. I've thought a lot about posting this, its been a hard year or so for many in business but they've been sat on my hard earned hundred quid since June (5 months!) and I've began to suspect they haven't been made yet. A definitive statement in email responses would also help and reassure.

Well I took the advice of hdmesa and put in a claim through PayPal. Just received notification that I'll get a refund. Given I ordered in June I suspect they're not even made until a certain number of orders are received. Very disappointing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 2:50 PM, Mark Hemming said:

Well I took the advice of hdmesa and put in a claim through PayPal. Just received notification that I'll get a refund. Given I ordered in June I suspect they're not even made until a certain number of orders are received. Very disappointing. 

A while back, I ordered a Leica thumb grip for the Q2 off eBay. The product packaging was very good, but slight variances made it clear it was counterfeit (fonts, angle on the thumb grip). The seller refunded the purchase and included a Q2 ventilated hood for my troubles. This hood was surprisingly well-made with a great fit and finish. It must have cost them very little. It looks exactly like the Overgaard one, so I wouldn't hesitate to order a cheap one off eBay and feel smug knowing you got the same thing for much less.

Thanks for the  update.

I'm glad that you are getting your money back.

I'm going to give them  at least another Month.  I wonder if anyone from this organization  monitors this forum?

Was told that it's going to be a while.  I agree with you that they probably  don't  actually make them until they get  a certain numbers of Orders.

I haven't even gotten the Notification  that  they have gone to ship.

Disappointing.

• Like 1