Overgaard Lens Shade Not Received

dlcarr

Yeah,

It takes a long time...  his shipping isn't the  quickest.  it also take a 100  years for them to tell you that "something" isn't in stock.

Did you order a lot of shades?  sounds like it.  I was thinking of ordering another one  but i think it won't be here  for Christmas.

11 hours ago, Giguchan said:

Yeah,

It takes a long time...  his shipping isn't the  quickest.  it also take a 100  years for them to tell you that "something" isn't in stock.

Did you order a lot of shades?  sounds like it.  I was thinking of ordering another one  but i think it won't be here  for Christmas.

I had the same experience.  I ordered mine shortly after the Q2 was released.  It took several months to receive and the seller provides no communication after the order is placed.  I emailed Adam several times during the wait, and he  responded, but could offer no specific information on my order.  I am quite happy with the lens shade, but quite unimpressed with the service.  

This self proclaim guru gets the Chinese to make him a $10 lens guard, charges people hundreds and then fails to deliver! Thats what happens when it all goes to your head. I personally ordered, got no delivery, cancelled, cancelled directly with my credit card and decided way back never to acknowledge the guy again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just in the interest of balance . . . I ordered two lens shades at different times and in both cases delivery (to the UK) was just over a week.  Maybe I was lucky.

Quality is excellent.  I use mainly on the Q2M because it makes changing filters (often use yellow and orange) very easy.  With the standard Leica lens hood you have to remove it every time.  Is the product over-priced?  Market forces will decide, but if the product sells then the price is probably right.  No point in complaining about the price - if you think it's a rip off then just exercise your goddam right not to buy!  

I like the look of his leather luggage and I'm sure the quality is superb (you're really paying for Matteo Perin, not Overgaard) but too expensive for me so I don't buy.  Simples 🙁

• Thanks 2

On 5/21/2021 at 1:46 AM, Jaymz said:

This self proclaim guru gets the Chinese to make him a $10 lens guard, charges people hundreds and then fails to deliver! Thats what happens when it all goes to your head. I personally ordered, got no delivery, cancelled, cancelled directly with my credit card and decided way back never to acknowledge the guy again. 

That's what i figured..  Chinese product  we've all been there.  Funny,  I had a custom ADM case made.  it was made shipped from Korea and arrived here faster than the Lens shade.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/21/2021 at 4:52 AM, T25UFO said:

Just in the interest of balance . . . I ordered two lens shades at different times and in both cases delivery (to the UK) was just over a week.  Maybe I was lucky.

Quality is excellent.  I use mainly on the Q2M because it makes changing filters (often use yellow and orange) very easy.  With the standard Leica lens hood you have to remove it every time.  Is the product over-priced?  Market forces will decide, but if the product sells then the price is probably right.  No point in complaining about the price - if you think it's a rip off then just exercise your goddam right not to buy!  

I like the look of his leather luggage and I'm sure the quality is superb (you're really paying for Matteo Perin, not Overgaard) but too expensive for me so I don't buy.  Simples 🙁

You were very lucky.

The only reason i am not screaming and making a fuss about the price  IS because of the quality  of the Lens shade- the shipping is another story.

I agree with you. Like you, I like to change Filters frequently.  This Shade allows me to do that in pretty  quick time.  When i do get the time to shoot.  I am in no hurry.

The Leica Hood -while very cool and different with it's square design is pretty annoying  to manipulate in the field.   BTW  who's Matteo Perin?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Giguchan said:

You were very lucky.

The only reason i am not screaming and making a fuss about the price  IS because of the quality  of the Lens shade- the shipping is another story.

I agree with you. Like you, I like to change Filters frequently.  This Shade allows me to do that in pretty  quick time.  When i do get the time to shoot.  I am in no hurry.

The Leica Hood -while very cool and different with it's square design is pretty annoying  to manipulate in the field.   BTW  who's Matteo Perin?

Matteo Perin: upmarket Italian designer.  Very high quality, very expensive.  Leather goods on a par with Hermès and similarly priced.  Overgaard's leather luggage is made by Matteo Perin in Italy and he just adds his "Always Wear A Camera" label.  Great if you can afford it; sadly, I can't.  Website link here:

https://matteoperin.com

• 2 months later...

I fancy one of these shades but all these reports of delays are putting me off. Just bought a cheap Haoge shade so will see how that goes. I normally use the standard Leica shade but will probably use filters more while on holiday in a few weeks so wanted one that made it easier to change filters

On 8/27/2021 at 4:25 PM, ianforber said:

I fancy one of these shades but all these reports of delays are putting me off. Just bought a cheap Haoge shade so will see how that goes. I normally use the standard Leica shade but will probably use filters more while on holiday in a few weeks so wanted one that made it easier to change filters

I mean in his defense if you get one that's in stock you will get it within the Normal allotted time(I'm in the US) Nowadays there should be no reason for

anything to take a month  for shipping anything.  I got a DVD once  from the UK in a week.  The Lens shades are worth it.  I'll be in the Market  once again soon

for my 35/50  lenses  for my MP.  I just hope he has his act together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, shwsy said:

I wish I had seen this post before I bought his lens shade, it's been 2 months and I haven't received anything. WTF!

Me, too. I ordered a lens shade and a neck strap seven months ago. I got the neck strap after six months after numerous complaints, but no lens shade.

Absolutely unacceptable. Do not recommend.

Allan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AllanC said:

Me, too. I ordered a lens shade and a neck strap seven months ago. I got the neck strap after six months after numerous complaints, but no lens shade.

Absolutely unacceptable. Do not recommend.

Allan

He showcased his nonexistent ethics for all the world to see when he started selling $40,000 elephant hide camera bags:  https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/283052-luxury-camera-bags-by-thorsten-von-overgaard/

I refuse to interact in any way with a person who thinks an abomination of that magnitude is acceptable.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Well gentlemen, according to data he is an active member and supporter ot this forum, just tag him with @ and his last name or send him a message in the inbox.

I'd already done it in October 2019 - please refer to post #17 in this thread.  No response so far.

Pete.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, farnz said:

I'd already done it in October 2019 - please refer to post #17 in this thread.  No response so far.

Pete.

Geez... and one would think the *shipping* takes a long time... a simple online answer is already almost 2 years overdue...

• Like 1