Hasselblad HCD 24mm f/4.8

ynp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I cannot justify a Leica 24mm. I know that it’s perfect, I had it for a while and sold it after the AF failure. 
I have a Hasselblad-Leica S adapter and I am curious how well the Hasselblad HCD 24mm f/4.8 works on the S cameras. I know that Hasselblad use it’s own digital corrections in Focus, but I have no experience with the lens and wonder whether the lens shows an image degradation if used in Lightroom or Pwithout corrections. If anybody used the HCD24mm.,please share your opinion. 

thanks,

Yevgeny 

Edited by ynp

50 minutes ago, ynp said:

I cannot justify a Leica 24mm. 

Hi Yevgeny,

Neither can I. I also can't justify a Hasselblad HCD 24mm. Instead, I got myself a converted Samyang TS 24mm lens (no longer shiftable) in Mamiya mount and used it with the M645 adapter. Works REALLY well (albeit that it's a manual focus lens). Take a look at this Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1xri32njl14ipw/Samyang 24mm non-TS Nikon version.tif?dl=0 

At around £700 from this guy in Poland it's 1/10th the price of the Leica S 24mm! 

Mark

Edited by Sarnian
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peterv said:

Yevgeny, if memory serves, I think Marc (fotografz) wrote about exactly this combination some years ago on getDPI. You could do a search, Marc is a very knowledgeable guy, as I’m sure you know.

Regards, Peter

Thank you, Peter. 
I do remember that Marc used his Hasselblad lenses on the S for a while. I will search for the info there on GetDPI. 

Yevgeny

10 hours ago, Sarnian said:

Hi Yevgeny,

Neither can I. I also can't justify a Hasselblad HCD 24mm. Instead, I got myself a converted Samyang TS 24mm lens (no longer shiftable) in Mamiya mount and used it with the M645 adapter. Works REALLY well (albeit that it's a manual focus lens). Take a look at this Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1xri32njl14ipw/Samyang 24mm non-TS Nikon version.tif?dl=0 

At around £700 from this guy in Poland it's 1/10th the price of the Leica S 24mm! 

Mark

Thank you, Mark. It’s an interesting option, I’ve never thought of that. 
And thank you very much for the link above. 
Yevgeny

Now I am not sure that the HCD24 is supported by the H-S adapter

This is  from Leica’s web page  

Compatible Hasselblad lenses HCD 28 f/4 
HC 35 f/3.5 
HC 50 f/3.5 II
HC 80 f/2.8 
HC 100 f/2.8 
HC Macro 120 f/4 II
HC 150 f/3.2 
HC 210 f/4 
HC 300 f/4.5