New product launch, UK. 6th Nov.

cwcltd

1 hour ago, wellfleet said:

Actually, it's for an update to Leica Royal Opera Glasses - https://www.leicastore-uk.co.uk/products/ultravid-8x20-royal-opera-house-edition

"Well if the Opera Glasses 2 don't feature stabilisation I'm cancelling my preorder and going with the Panasonic......" (c.f. about 40 pages of the "Vader" thread)

• Haha 3

On 10/19/2019 at 3:56 AM, NigelG said:

"Well if the Opera Glasses 2 don't feature stabilisation I'm cancelling my preorder and going with the Panasonic......" (c.f. about 40 pages of the "Vader" thread)

BS. Preorder means making full payment for item before taking delivery in Leica terms without any refund. How could you have pre ordered before price list is released? How can there be a price list before a product launch?

49 minutes ago, sillbeers15 said:

BS. Preorder means making full payment for item before taking delivery in Leica terms without any refund. How could you have pre ordered before price list is released? How can there be a price list before a product launch?

Errr....I don’t think Opera Glasses 2 is an actual product........

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Chuck Albertson said:

No, I'm reliably informed it's a performance of the newly-commissioned opera, "Der Ring des Noctilux."

Is that the opera in which Brunnhilde throws herself on the huge pyre of burning cash that Siegfried had to set alight for his rebadged S1R?

Edited by Distagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sillbeers15 said:

There are certainly places in the U.S. at least where you can pre-order and then not take delivery and not be charged. I did that with the Nikon Z7. Of course, I've never tried with opera glasses!

Edited by bags27

42 minutes ago, bags27 said:

There are certainly places in the U.S. at least where you can pre-order and then not take delivery and not be charged. I did that with the Nikon Z7. Of course, I've never tried with opera glasses!

Try that with Leica. If you get your newly launched items as fast as we who paid in full with an invoice to back, I would drop my pants to run for your pleasure.

4 hours ago, sillbeers15 said:

If you order an item *after* it becomes available, does that make it a post-order? It's a bit like using "proactive" when all you're doing is being active.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Albertson said:

If you order an item *after* it becomes available, does that make it a post-order? It's a bit like using "proactive" when all you're doing is being active.

If it is not a ‘new launch’ product, Leica will inform you when the stock is available. You only pay when you receive the goods.

Preorder is only for ‘new launch’ products which there are way more demand than supply from Leica. It happened so many times when many in this forum cry for the SL75 & SL16-35 delivery, I had my unit collecting dust in my dry case cause I received them on first batch of delivery to country as I’ve paid in full earlier right after Leica released price list and accepts ‘preorder’.

Therefore the relationship with Leica is ‘love/hate’ as Leica only recognises money. Kind of like dirty love.

• Haha 1