My First Leica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I always dream of owning Leica Camera for long time.  Today, I got myself first Leica.  I am so happy.  I happened to search Facebook Market place few days ago, and I found Leica T with 18-56mm for $600.  I thought it was one of those Nigerian scam thing.  But I have send the message.  Long story short, during lunch break today I met the seller, paid $600, and received very well maintained Leica T with 18-56mm kit lens.  To my surprise, seller brought in EVF and gave it to me for free, OMG.

I can't wait to go home and play with my Leica.

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

I would check with Leica whether it is not on the stolen camera list. If it is and you send it in for maintenance, you will not see it again..,

I will definitely check with Leica to make sure the camera is not stolen camera.  Can I just call my local Leica Dealer or is there any website to check?

16 minutes ago, Marac said:

Fingers crossed for you, that's a great deal, almost too good, but, I have seen people sell stuff very cheap simply because they need the cash.. Good luck.

I hope so too.  But I got this camera from Facebook marketplace.  Their facebook profile is there, and they don't look like the type of people who sell stolen goods.  However, they may bought the used item like I did, without known it's stolen.  He also has tons of camera, and he recently upgraded to Sony A7R4, and he just wanted to unload the camera.  I did ask him why is he selling this camera so cheap, and he said he tried to sell it for right price first, but nobody replied.  He was just getting tired of hanging on to the camera which he doesn't use any more.  

For now, i really hope this is not a stolen camera.  And I have to go back to search for my first Leica camera again.

4 hours ago, DannyNoh said:

I will definitely check with Leica to make sure the camera is not stolen camera.  Can I just call my local Leica Dealer or is there any website to check?

Call Leica. Germany. Customer Support. Telephone on the website. Chances are you just had a great deal!