Sign in to follow this  
sharookh

Whats your SLR System in addition to your M8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

D2Xs which is now rarely used. Think of lifting that with the 200mm f/2 lens...

But there are times...

...when nothing else will do. Channel Markers

I use four different setups depending on the subject:

1) For volleyball and basketball I use a Canon 1D Mark IIn with the 70-200mm f2.8 zoom.

2) For birds I use the same camera with a 400mm f5.6 with or without a 1.4x extender.

3) For Macro the same camera plus the old (nonUSM) 100mm Macro f2.8 plus EX580 flash.

4) For portraits the same camera with 28-70 f2.8 zoom plus EX580 flash on a Stroboframe with a Stofan Omnibounce.

Visoflex III with Leica 200 and 280 and Noflexar 400 and 2x extender:p

At work: Canon Eos 10D with Tamron 90 macro and ringflash...

nikon d2x with enough lenses, maybe too much

though i have to say that i use it since i got the m8 only for the car races with long lenses like 2.8/300 or 4/200-400. for everything else the m8.

For now a Visoflex III with bellows and a couple of Rodenstock Rodagon enlarging lenses for product shots. Eventually this will get replaced by a DSLR with a macro and tilt/shift lens. We'll see what Canon and Leica come out with next year.

Hartblei ( Hartblei Prototype Macro 4/120 TS ) is mounting the Zeiss 40/4, 80/2.8 and 120/4 Makro that were used on the Hasselblad V and Rollei 6008 in a tilt/shift mount with a 12 blade diaphragm. I loved the 120/4 on the Hasselblad but hated the pentagonal highlights from the 5 bladed diaphragm but Hartblei has solved that problem and added a very flexible tilt/shift mount. The 40 and 120 Macro with tilt/shift on a 35 DSLR would take care of all my SLR needs.

In the mean time the Viso is getting the job done.

Well, with my M8 in Solms again, I am glad I have kept my R8/DMR. Since I have the DMR, I have hardly used my R3 and R6.2. I still use my M3 and M6.

N.S.

R9 & DMR plus several lenses - favourites are 28-90AA, 180 cron and 280/4. Also my old trusty Pentax MX for when all the batteries fail.

Charlie

Man, Jack is a tough act to follow

I shoot a 5d (only remaining Canon body now) and a DMR/R9 in addition to the M8. I wear all three a lot of the times when I'm shooting. I guess I hate switching cards

The nice thing is that the 5d and the DMR share a lot of glass.

I find I just can't give up a "full frame" camera...

Not a pro, so couldn't justify the expense so...

Sadly the D200 + lenses went to pay for the M8 + 2 lenses (so far).

I have sacrificed the easy ability to shoot sports and wildlife (although I see one or two others, more talented than me have made a decent job of both). What I have gained is portability - which translates to many more pictures taken and taking photographs of people (my favorite subjects), in any situation (one of my lenses is a Nocti) - it's hard to see how this camera can be beat!

Yes, I occasionally miss the D200, but regrets? No way!

For me the R9/DMR combination with (primarily) 19 cron, 35-70 Elmarit, 70-180 Elmarit 100 Macro Elmarit + Elpro, and the 105-280 Elmar. I also have the wonderful 280 4.0 but for some strange reason don't use it much. I have a 5D as a backup body when shooting DSLR sessions but way prefer the files of the DMR.

Woody Spedden

Nikon D2X with lenses from 10.5 to 200-400 with 1.7x and several SB800s for tests, documentation and events.

The M8 gives excellent quality in light weight for wide to moderate FOV and it's easy to carry; also, I don't want to miss wide shots when the 70-200 is on the D2X.

Bob Pierce

Another vote for the D2X with lenses from 10.5mm to 400mm, Wireless LAN, Remote Control. Excellent for macro, sports and flash and I'm looking forward to what's next from Nikon.

For film R8 + R primes, digital is Canon 5D + the same lenses. Haven't used either since I got the M8 though <grin>

Digilux 3 with a couple of R lens thrown in. Mainly for wild life (birds) and closeups. Sold my Nikon 2dx with 17-55 2.8. My M8 is the only rangefinder I have ever owned -- except for a Yashica in the 60's.

From my webpage:

Canon 5D

Canon D60

Canon 50mm f/1:1.4

Canon 16-35mm f/1:2.8 L

Canon 24-70mm f/1:2.8 L

Canon 70-200mm f/1:2.8 L IS

Canon 100mm Macro f/1:2.8

Lensbaby 2.0

... all of which I will be getting rid of in the next few months. I hardly use it, I may keep the 5D and the 24-70mm, as well 50mm ... the rest I don't use.

R9/DMR - 28 Elmarit, 35 Cron, 60 Macro, 90 Apo, 180 Apo Elmarit, (and the 19 someday again soon)

D2X - 17-55 2.8, 70-200 VR, 60 Micro, 85 1.4