• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Motivfindender

Once, long time ago,

when I was purchasing one more lens for my R7, I asked the dealer to give me a M-Camera, just to have an Idea WHY everybody talks about it like from the GOD of Cameras.

I new of course the rumours, that it is much more easier to focus with that than with EVERY other cameras...

Well, after 10 min. I gave it back and was shure, that I (just ME!) will never ever have the desire to use it. Not having "the frame you see is the frame you get" (also in terms of perspective) and the microscopic frame for 90mm, absence (at that time) of automatic exposure had two effects:

1) One has to be VERY familiar with that type of camera and have lots of imagination for the "picture_in_process" to be able to use it. Respect for those who are.

2)

a) One has to be VERY purist to love this camera, regarding the fact, that there exist also Leica lenses for SLR

B) OR one is a little bit masochist... or want to feel like HCB, just because one has the same cxamera.. ;)

So - never touched it again.

Now I have lots of good lenses for my R-Bodies and a Olympus E1 for Macro and extreme Tele, soon a (1.0 Crop )5D for all, especially for wide angle (which I love a lot) .

And that is it.

Dirk

Olympus 4/3 systems...

E500 most of the times with 14-54 f2.8, 50-200 f2.8/3.5, and 11-22 f2.8/3.5 professional lenses...

(even some older OM lenses with OM-4/3 adapter ring).

(a also had canon... but i didn't like 'em so much)

cheers

maurizio