Sign in to follow this  
sharookh

Whats your SLR System in addition to your M8

I still have my Canon 1Ds mkII - and have no desire to sell it. I have found that for certain types of shots that I do, the Rangefinder is simply the wrong tool for the job. So, I like and use both.

I'm interested to know what SLR system Leicaphiles shoot with. Or is it just rangefiners all the way?

Best

Sharookh

I do have a R9 plus DMR plus 6-7 fine lenses - but I must admit that since I got my M8 I have only used my M8 system.

I'm interested to know what SLR system Leicaphiles shoot with. Or is it just rangefiners all the way?

Best

Sharookh

R8+DMR - what else?

:D

Best

Sharookh

Who's to say Leicaphiles only shoot rangefinders anyway?

I have slow reflexes for my Ebony 45SU with lenses from 58mm to 300mm.

Guest Motivfindender

Once, long time ago,

when I was purchasing one more lens for my R7, I asked the dealer to give me a M-Camera, just to have an Idea WHY everybody talks about it like from the GOD of Cameras.

I new of course the rumours, that it is much more easier to focus with that than with EVERY other cameras...

Well, after 10 min. I gave it back and was shure, that I (just ME!) will never ever have the desire to use it. Not having "the frame you see is the frame you get" (also in terms of perspective) and the microscopic frame for 90mm, absence (at that time) of automatic exposure had two effects:

1) One has to be VERY familiar with that type of camera and have lots of imagination for the "picture_in_process" to be able to use it. Respect for those who are.

2)

a) One has to be VERY purist to love this camera, regarding the fact, that there exist also Leica lenses for SLR

So - never touched it again.

Now I have lots of good lenses for my R-Bodies and a Olympus E1 for Macro and extreme Tele, soon a (1.0 Crop )5D for all, especially for wide angle (which I love a lot) .

And that is it.

Dirk

Canon for Sports. Their autofocus works, and their long( 400-600) lenses are excellent. But for pure enjoyment, I take the M8. DR

Olympus 4/3 systems...

E500 most of the times with 14-54 f2.8, 50-200 f2.8/3.5, and 11-22 f2.8/3.5 professional lenses...

(even some older OM lenses with OM-4/3 adapter ring).

(a also had canon... but i didn't like 'em so much)

cheers

maurizio

1DS Mk II plus a bunch of lenses. The 85 f1.2, 135 f2 and 80-200 f 2.4 are in current use and are all appropriately legendary - they are as good (and interesting) as the very best Leica glass. I've bubble-wrapped my shorter Canon glass. I find it hard to sell cameras and lenses.

I have an Olympus E-500 and I like it because it's small and lightweight. I mostly use it for telephoto shots where the 2x magnification is no handicap at all. I want to try Visoflex and R telephotos with it.

R9+DMR and Nikon.

If I dont use the M8 I mainly use the d200+18-200VR combo. The DMR IMO delievers the best IQ, but M8 and d200 win because of flexibility and my lazyness.

cheers, Tom