John D

Q2 Product registration - Leica Website Issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Couple disappointments having just purchased my Q2...(1) keen to register it and officially join the community, but the Leica members area on the website seems to be "under construction." (2) Also had disappointing experience trying to connect camera to iphone / ipad via Leica Fotos. The App tells me it has found the camera, tells me to connect to wifi (I press connect)...only to be told "connection failed." Have read on this forum...Fotos 1.3.1 is not up-to date for OS13??  Will take the advice of others and use a SD card reader to transfer! (But it would be nice if the App worked).

It's annoying not to have registered products (serial numbers, other info) available, lord knows for how long.  The fact that until recently the area had a notice that it "will be redesigned in 2017" does not bode well for a speedy resolution.

18 hours ago, John D said:

Couple disappointments having just purchased my Q2...(1) keen to register it and officially join the community, but the Leica members area on the website seems to be "under construction." (2) Also had disappointing experience trying to connect camera to iphone / ipad via Leica Fotos. The App tells me it has found the camera, tells me to connect to wifi (I press connect)...only to be told "connection failed." Have read on this forum...Fotos 1.3.1 is not up-to date for OS13??  Will take the advice of others and use a SD card reader to transfer! (But it would be nice if the App worked).

just email support with a pic of the serial number and the invoice/bill from the shop/online site...simple..and they will register it for you

10 minutes ago, frame-it said:

just email support with a pic of the serial number and the invoice/bill from the shop/online site...simple..and they will register it for you

This should not be necessary in a truly online world. Software, websites and online stuff are generally weak links in the chain for Leica. It is good that they intend to beef up this side of their business, as other companies are well ahead with this type of thing. Al's post above does not give much hope for an early resolution, though. I have never been able to get FOTOS to work with my M10, but I have also decided that I don't need it. However, the last time I tried I was still able to register new purchases of vintage Leicas in the Members' Area. Leica should be striving for 10/10ths with this type of thing, but they barely make 5/10ths most of the time.

William

The response from Leica Customer Care regarding my online registration question: "during the re-construction of the member’s area the data-base is shut down. To avoid distortions in the savings and transfer of the existing data  to the new customer’s data-base the access is blocked. The new Customer’s Area then “LEICA Account” will be open again by the mid of October. Then you’ll be able to register the camera and have access to the download of the free trail Adobe software. May I ask for your patience. BTW the limited access of 30 days after sale is no longer valid, you’ll be able to download the software later. The free 90 days trial of the Creative Cloud Plan can be downloaded twice, not 4 times.  If you have two TAN numbers you can use it on 4 computers. Hoping this short information will be helpful. Have a nice day"