CL vs. Q2 which one to purchase?

1 hour ago, cirke said:

TTL mode with exposure compensation is very practical to use , actually Godox flashes are not working on Leica s camera as they should

no !

'Actually' Godox flashes are working on my SL as they should. I don't know about the S, but your original post referred to the SL.

I should have added 'IMO' to the statement  'It's like using P mode for autoexposure'.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I purchased my first Leica today. I got CL with APRO-Vario-Elmar-TL 55m-135 lens, planning to get 23 or 28 mm lens for wider angles.

Camera feels amazing looking forward to do some first test tomorrow!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, eev776 said:

Finally I purchased my first Leica today. I got CL with APRO-Vario-Elmar-TL 55m-135 lens, planning to get 23 or 28 mm lens for wider angles.

You made a good decision. The CL is excellent, as is the 23mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 41 Minuten schrieb eev776:

Good choice. The Apo-Vario 55-135 is amazing, the 60 mm TL is at least as good. I don’t  like the 23 mm Summicron TL that much (although it is a good lens) and  ordered the 11-13 mm TL.

Edited by EUSe
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11-13mm is too wide for me, for most purposes.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

10 hours ago, Viv said:

11-13mm is too wide for me, for most purposes.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I'm thinking maybe getting 11-13 mm TL lens, but it's a bit too large for me to carry around. I want to have small size M lens on my camera and my huge 55-135 in my camera bag when I need it.

I do lots of telephoto photography, it just depth of telephoto is beautiful to me, when I soot downtown LA architecture or Hollywood hills with old neon signs. I tried yesterday at the camera store Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH. that lens is insane, but it's just too expensive for me now.

I should correct myself - of course it is the 11-23 mm lens I was speaking of . Yes, it is heavier than the Summicron TL. The latter is lightweight and small (except that the lens shade is huge), if you like  a 35 mm equivalent lens, it is pretty fast and quite good with an Elpro macro lens. It depends on your purposes.  I have used the 18-56 Vario TL for my last holiday exclusively and often found that 18 mm were not quite wide enough. On the other hand I do like Apo-Vario 55-135 for its smooth and colorful images and its creamy bokeh.

does any

1 minute ago, EUSe said:

I should correct myself - of course it is the 11-23 mm lens I was speaking of . Yes, it is heavier than the Summicron TL. The latter is lightweight and small (except that the lens shade is huge), if you like  a 35 mm equivalent lens, it is pretty fast and quite good with an Elpro macro lens. It depends on your purposes.  I have used the 18-56 Vario TL for my last holiday exclusively and often found that 18 mm were not quite wide enough. On the other hand I do like Apo-Vario 55-135 for its smooth and colorful images and its creamy bokeh.

I'm so agree about beautiful color of images and creamy bokeh!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:17 AM, eev776 said:

Great choice. I love my CL. I also own a Q and love that as well. I have the 18, 11-23 and 18-56 for my CL and love all 3 off them. I think all the lenses for the CL are great, just a matter of works for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jcocci said:

Great choice. I love my CL. I also own a Q and love that as well. I have the 18, 11-23 and 18-56 for my CL and love all 3 off them. I think all the lenses for the CL are great, just a matter of works for you. 

Thank you!

On 10/24/2019 at 12:26 AM, jcocci said:

I would advise to get the18-56 with it. The problem is that it is seen as a kit lens by some reviewers. Bollocks! It is  a true Leica quality zoom. With the 55-135 you have a fantastic travel camera. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, stephengv said:

A little bit offtopic, do you think the 35mm 1.4 Summilux TL can match the Q’s 28mm Summilux Lens? 

I think they're a bit different in IQ. The TL 35 I think has a slightly "more natural" rendering. But please don't ask me what I mean or to prove it! 🙂 It's all in the gut. The Q's rendering for me is "wow", but I tend to actually be drawn more to photos taken with the TL 35. 

I have the original Q and a CL with TL 11-23 and 55-135 (I sold my 18-56 to acquire the 11-23). I prefer the renderings from the 2 TL zooms I have to the renderings from the Q, and I believe the zooms, while excellent, don't match the TL 35 or TL 60, both of which are extraordinary and pretty much compete with the L primes (which may be the best glass in all of photography today).

Edited by bags27
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jaapv said:

I would advise to get the18-56 with it. The problem is that it is seen as a kit lens by some reviewers. Bollocks! It is  a true Leica quality zoom. With the 55-135 you have a fantastic travel camera. 

I love my 18-56. Only negative for me is that I wish it had closer focusing.