pitatochop

Help regarding Play view cropping

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hello there,

Would appreciate some help getting the play view settings sorted out.

I managed to somehow enable the crop view to work in when reviewing images in PLAY mode, however the settings got reset? and I can't seem to set it back.

For example, previously I could shoot w 50mm cropping and view the image zoomed/cropped in play mode. Right now, if I shot w 50mm cropping, the image pops up as the default 28mm, w the 50mm crop borders layered over it. 

Does anyone know the steps to set it in place again? for some reason none of my menu>play mode setup settings work

Thanks!

You had probably been shooting in DNG+JPG or JPG.  If DNG, then only the crop lines are shown on playback as when shooting.

5 hours ago, bullmoon said:

You had probably been shooting in DNG+JPG or JPG.  If DNG, then only the crop lines are shown on playback as when shooting.

the weird thing is that it's been on DNG the entire time 😕

That may be, but the default for a new Q2 out of the box is DNG+JPG, so at one point, it was probably on DNG+JPG.  You can verify this by loading the Default Profile.  And the functionality you are seeing is as described in the User Manual.

17 minutes ago, bullmoon said:

That may be, but the default for a new Q2 out of the box is DNG+JPG, so at one point, it was probably on DNG+JPG.  You can verify this by loading the Default Profile.  And the functionality you are seeing is as described in the User Manual.

Yep I switched that right out of the box.

its just weird how it showed a DNG cropped in the play review one day and then the layover appeared a day later . Even the photos appear in the play as stated. 

Probs gonna pop by the leica store tomorrow to ask the peeps there wassup lol