Why is the CL does not connect with "Leica FOTOS“

yst

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/15/2019 at 2:02 PM, WeiterWinkel said:

Today a Leica representative showed me a beta version of the new Leica Fotos App. Dramatically improved download speed from the camera. Roughly 2-3 seconds for a 80 MB DNG from the new SL to the phone. And it will offer a sort of direct transfer from the app to Lightroom Mobile on the iPad. And there will be a separate app for the iPad. Finally. And we won't have to wait very long for the new version: 21st November, next week.😀

Do you know if download will be as fast with current cameras, or only with the SL2?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LocalHero1953:

Do you know if download will be as fast with current cameras, or only with the SL2?

The guy told me, it should be faster for all cameras. The app has been rewritten from ground. At least he said so. And it's already promoted on the Leica website:

https://de.leica-camera.com/Fotografie/Leica-Fotos/Leica-Fotos

https://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-Fotos/Leica-Fotos

Edited by WeiterWinkel
  • Thanks 1

Hi I am new to both Leica and the forum, having just bought a CL I’m attempting to set it up, I’ve managed the firmware update to v2 but am now having trouble connecting to the Foto app, just keeps stating unable to connect?

could someone provide me with a description of how to overcome this, if there is a way?

Thanks.

Lee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You'll find that the majority opinion is that it is a rather useless app. You are far better off using a card reader. In your case, delete the app from your phone/ iPad and reinstall. With a bit of luck you find that it will connect afterwards. It will be mostly useful as a remote trigger and for posting the occasional jpg to social media. Maybe as a remote viewfinder for macro as well. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, jaapv said:

You'll find that the majority opinion is that it is a rather useless app. 

I then am in the minority. I use Fotos often when I am out and about and want to send a photo or two via, Email, text message, or to Facebook or some other social media site.

Now, I indeed do the “heavy lifting” via a card reader when I store away images into a raid drive connected to my IMac.

But I find Fotos useful!