Dust inside viewfinder.

Miltz

Mine a dust or a dead pixel dot in the RF right out of the box. do you have the same issue like me. It don't affect the images output, just in the RF

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by dusuacangmong

1 hour ago, dusuacangmong said:

Mine a dust or a dead pixel dot in the RF right out of the box. do you have the same issue like me. It don't affect the images output, just in the RF

Return it and ask for a new camera or your money back. 

11 hours ago, dusuacangmong said:

My camera has a dust spot in the viewfinder. It’s not a dead pixel. It doesn’t affect images. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, dusuacangmong said:

Curently i am in vietnam, this one i bough brand new from a local seller, not a leica store. Do you have any suggestion which leica store i could contact?

In here have a official Leica store too.

Very sorry. I am not familiar with official Leica stores in Asia. My guess would be you’ll have to get it to Hong Kong or Singapore for warranty service. I also do not know if a stuck pixel is covered. While it is annoying, it does occur occasionally on camera displays. I was thinking you’d take it back to where you purchased it and ask for a replacement or to return it. Maybe that’s worth trying. Having not purchased from an official store may make that more difficult. Good luck. 

11 minutes ago, Leica Guy said:

Very sorry. I am not familiar with official Leica stores in Asia. My guess would be you’ll have to get it to Hong Kong or Singapore for warranty service. I also do not know if a stuck pixel is covered. While it is annoying, it does occur occasionally on camera displays. I was thinking you’d take it back to where you purchased it and ask for a replacement or to return it. Maybe that’s worth trying. Having not purchased from an official store may make that more difficult. Good luck. 

Thanks you, i still feel okay with this issue and want to keep use as usual. In here when you have to do warranty very difficult and might get some bad result than the issue you current have. Better use it with happy.

• Like 1

Just now, dusuacangmong said:

Thanks you, i still feel okay with this issue and want to keep use as usual. In here when you have to do warranty very difficult and might get some bad result than the issue you current have. Better use it with happy.

That’s the right attitude for your situation. The “hot” pixel does not affect the great images you can take. Enjoy. 

• 1 month later...

Sadly, yes. I literally took mine out of the box 4 hours ago. Does not affect the output but it’s very noticeable in the viewfinder. One large spot, one small. Very upset considering the money I spent. Will need to go back. Not even sure if I’ll replace it. I expected much much more. 

• 2 months later...

I truly believe Leica's quality control is not up to standards.  I've had to return 3 Leica Q2s because of very noticeable spots/specks in the electronic viewfinder right out of the box.  Another had no dust/specks in the viewfinder; however, the aperture ring and LCD readings did not match.  For example, if aperture ring was on f/8, LCD showed f/9.  If aperture ring was on f/11, LCD showed f/13.  Very frustrating to say the least!  I've never had to return other equipment before, so I'm not looking for reasons to dislike Leica.  I just can't accept something that is flawed right out of the box and carries the name:  Leica