Ultra Wide lens?

Rob7P

I to have the 23 Summicron. I was thinking the 11-23 and the Voigtlander were a little slow so I adapted my 11-16 Tokina f2.8 from my Nikon set where it is one of my best lenses, well the adapter is a little funky and the lens doesn't seem as good as on the Nikon, much has to do with the focus confirmations on a lens that wide everything is in focus and precise focus is difficult. So an 11-23 may be in my future an auto focusing lens may be good for a WA, as the Tokina is on my Nikon. 

11 hours ago, jaapv said:

The Voigt 10mm is FF

11-23mm = 16.5mm - 34.5mm in FF.

10mm in FF = 15mm when fitted to a CL via the adapter.

I'd go for the 11-23mm, although here in the UK a Voigt 10mm + adapter is about £500 cheaper than the 11-23mm 

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

I think the Leica 11-23 is the most usefull Leica lens for CL on the market. The pic quality is absolut great. I do have 5 TL-lenses, 2 SL-lenses, 2 M-lenses, but about 80 % of my pics are made with the 11-23. CL and 11-23 is a perfect combination. 

I never tryed the Voigtlander, but does the adapter allow to use all programms? 

• Like 1

I prefer primes. I have been using the Voigtländer 10mm for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. I keep it at f/8 most of the time and focus by scale. Ultra sharp, compact, light ... a terrific lens. 1/3 the price of the 11-23mm, obviously slower and lacking AF and other exposure mode capabilities, but I wouldn't trade it. 

G

• Like 3