D-Lux 7 charger questions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings!   

May I ask questions about the new "D-Lux 7"...  

1.  It looks like the box comes without a square shape separate battery charger like the one on the "D-Lux 109", is it that correct or I am missing a charger in the package?

2. The D-Lux 7 package does come with a "AC Adapter" with a "Micro-B USB Cable" is it the only "charger" provided with the package (Please see attached photo here) ?? 

Is it the ONLY method to change the battery now??  

3.  Is it possible to get a traditional charger like the one came with the "D-Lux 109" to charge the batteries?   So that it does not need to connect the camera together each time need to charge, and can use the separate wall-plugin charger to charge extra batteries like for the "D-Lux 109" ?   

4.  Which method is a better one in your experience or reasoning?      

Thanks for your info 🙏

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by yst

• 2 weeks later...

My recommendation: Slim Micro-USB Charger (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07DK8D45Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MNvA

• 2 weeks later...

This was a bad design idea, in my opinion. I definitely do not like having to have the camera unavailable while charging batteries. I'll be buying one like I had with my D Lux (109).

Leica Store Miami carries the original type that was supplied with the D Lux (109).

https://leicastoremiami.com/products/leica-bc-dc-15-charger-for-d-lux-109?variant=1404928708

Edited by fotografr

• 3 years later...

My lovely wife bought me the 007 edition d-lux 7 as a wedding anniversary present, from Leica Store Manchester. I was surprised that when opening it there was no UK charger, only US and European ones.  Fortunately I have an adaptor that I can use to plug in to the UK 3 pin socket but does the UK market standard edition d-lux 7 include a UK charger? If so I will contact the dealer to get hold of one.

First day with the camera today and loving it so far. The leatherette covering is lovely and the 007 logo is not too in your face. Love the auto lens cap too.

Many thanks 

Graham

• Like 2

If a charger has only two pins for polarity purposes,, it is not receiving information from the T terminal. Only chargers with 3 pins are likely to be communicating with the battery, and giving the battery protection while charging.