For historic collector types - Contax N Digital available

Lonescapes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just thought I'd tip forum members who might be interested. I have no involvement or interest in this auction:

https://www.sendico.com/ayahoo/item/b415531028

First full-frame digital camera. They are very rarely auctioned in functioning condition. Usually you see them already having sensor problems, and even if you can find one with a working sensor, the shutter or autofocus is shot, so you would need another (donor) body with those things working to fix the unit.

No guarantees on this one, but the Buy-It-Now price is reasonable for what it purports to be.

I find these cameras--the first to cross a digital-film barrier--very interesting. The N Digital, the Mamiya ZD (first digital medium format integrated camera), the Epson R-D1 (first mirrorless/RF digital), the Leica M9 (first FF mirrorless digital) and so on. Obviously being the first manufacturer to try to match film performance or design with a digital camera usually didn't pay off, but you have to admire the designers and engineers for trying.

Edited by Lonescapes