Q2 Lens Cap

bourne

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As I said in my prior post- if you don't want to spend $50 for the MT lens cap consider the Kurvd cap $20. I have the Kurvd on my Q-P and my wife uses the MT on her Q2

One "benefit" of the Kurvd is that it's flexible construction allows it to be used on other gear as well. I've used it on the Canon RF 24-105 lens and it fits securely.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, Bob I. said:

My match technical lens cap arrives tomorrow.  Can’t wait to stop worrying about a lens cap falling off . . .

After giving the PolarPro 67-72mm size cap (too large and loose) and returning it, I ordered the Match Technical Q2 lens cap.  This cap is like it was custom made for the Q2 lens hood - it's a perfect fit and excellent quality.  Money well spent IMHO.

• Like 1

I received the match technical cap this week and it's much better than the Leica cap.  I end up taking the leash off the lens cap.  I prefer to simply but the lens cap in my pocket rather than have it dangle as I walk around taking photos.  I'll probably leash it on occasion but it's one more thing distraction during street shooting.

2 hours ago, Bob I. said:

I received the match technical cap this week and it's much better than the Leica cap.  I end up taking the leash off the lens cap.  I prefer to simply but the lens cap in my pocket rather than have it dangle as I walk around taking photos.  I'll probably leash it on occasion but it's one more thing distraction during street shooting.

Agree. I don’t like things hanging or blowing around attached to the camera. In the pocket is better. 

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Quite a while ago, after I lost my first Q lens cap I ordered two more.  One of the new ones fell off so frequently that it looked as though it had spent a year in a war zone.  I extended it's life some by using bits of gaffer's tape on the inside rim, but a week ago that cap fell off for its last time, never to be seen again.  I began using the other replacement cap.  Yesterday the cap fell off three times, and I've had enough.  I'll order the Match cap

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, errebe said:

It is a shame for Leica, after so much 'design', to deliver the product with such a piece of (....) like this.

Leica nuked it on the rest of the Q2, though.  I guess we all should be glad for that.

It's much easier to replace a half "axe" lens cap than a half "axe" camera that cost $5000 USD.

Edited by Herr Barnack

On 2/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Herr Barnack said:

Leica nuked it on the rest of the Q2, though.  I guess we all should be glad for that.

It's much easier to replace a half "axe" lens cap than a half "axe" camera that cost $5000 USD.

Yes but they could think of something less slippery...