Sensor Cleaning

jjk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have looked and looked and can not find anything in the manual or in the menu that says "sensor cleaning".

I've seen posts on sensor cleaning where the answer refers to this being in the menu. 

Can someone tell me on what page of the instructions and between what 2 other items in the menu this appears.

I apologize in advance for not being able to find it on my own.

Thank you for your replies.

I was talking about the CL.

Yes the shutter is open.  I should have figured that out.  Sometimes the obvious is missed.  Does that mean the mechanical shutter closes /opens/ & closes when a picture is taken?

The M10 and M240 have a nice feature for finding sensor dust.  It seems the CL doesn't.  Back to using blue sky.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

40 minutes ago, jjk said:

Yes the shutter is open.  I should have figured that out.  Sometimes the obvious is missed.  Does that mean the mechanical shutter closes /opens/ & closes when a picture is taken?

The M10 and M240 have a nice feature for finding sensor dust.  It seems the CL doesn't.  Back to using blue sky.

Nope. Just close and open again. CL has electronic first curtain shutter.

second curtain can be mechanic or electronic. Choose whatever it fits you. Just be aware of electronic shutter issue 

47 minutes ago, jjk said:

In mechanical mode, the CL shutter (as well as the shutter of every other mirrorless camera) does exactly that: close-open-close-reopen for every exposure. With an Electronic First Curtain option, the initial close is eliminated. With a full Electronic Shutter option, the mechanical shutter doesn't need to close at all. 

On the rare occasions you need to clean the CL sensor, just take the lens off with the camera powered off and clean it.

The options in the M10/M240 never helped me much. I find it easier to use my traditional test ... fit an f/137 pinhole fitted, shoot a white piece of paper filling the frame. ANY little speck of dust will be imaged as a boulder. You'll never remove all of them ... :D