Tilburg revisited meeting 2020 into 2021

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 20 Minuten schrieb lanetomlane:

We should have been going the week after next.

There is a chance , that we cannot walk in a group in juni, also there’s a chance that we cannot eat and drink together in cafe and restaurant. Maybe we have to cancell the whole day. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

We should have been going the week after next.

Rumour has it that Schengen countries will keep borders closed till November. Kids are disappointed as we will cancel our trip unless we hear positive news by the 4 May. But with 870,000 cases so far, I doubt they get this under control without 3-4 weeks of strict isolation controls. Just my gut instinct for numbers (wild stab in the dark). 

Consider yourself lucky not to be going in May ... unless USA becomes serious about testing and isolation, the numbers will get really bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our trip before to Canada has been cancelled, so if the meeting goes ahead I won't be jet-lagged.

We'll see if it can go ahead or not, in the grand scheme of things I consider the inability to travel for leisure and photograpy a luxury problem for me, allthough I realise that for the people who work in the travel and catering business it's a downright disaster. 

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb pegelli:

Our trip before to Canada has been cancelled, so if the meeting goes ahead I won't be jet-lagged.

We'll see if it can go ahead or not, in the grand scheme of things I consider the inability to travel for leisure and photograpy a luxury problem for me, allthough I realise that for the people who work in the travel and catering business it's a downright disaster. 

We can decide if the meeting takes place at short notice, but I would advise our friends from abroad to consider their options in sleeping over here. May be cancelling you hotel at the moment that this is still a free option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Agree, best to see on short notice what can be done. Early in the morning in, driving back in the evening is a possibility if I rent a car.

I had a trip to Portugal scheduled next week but the airline cancelled the flight, unsurprisingly.

Stefan

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:49 PM, Sandokan said:

Rumour has it that Schengen countries will keep borders closed till November. Kids are disappointed as we will cancel our trip unless we hear positive news by the 4 May. But with 870,000 cases so far, I doubt they get this under control without 3-4 weeks of strict isolation controls. Just my gut instinct for numbers (wild stab in the dark). 

I'd echo Ravi's comment - I can't see from where we are now that it will be easy to meet in a group, dine and use hotels as early as 13th June, or whether in reality it would be that responsible a thing to do given the current situation - maybe it might be worth cancelling now, with a view to holding the event as soon as it becomes practical and safe to do so?

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor einer Stunde schrieb robert_parker:

I'd echo Ravi's comment - I can't see from where we are now that it will be easy to meet in a group, dine and use hotels as early as 13th June, or whether in reality it would be that responsible a thing to do given the current situation - maybe it might be worth cancelling now, with a view to holding the event as soon as it becomes practical and safe to do so?

Hi you all, I would like to reschedule  the date  to 14 November 2020. If that fails , we could reschedule again. Any objections?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sounds good to me Paulus. Not sure about the November date yet as we've rebooked our flight to the States towards the end of October and plan to stay for 3 weeks. Although, realistically I cannot see that happening. Just wanted to reschedule the dates because I fear once the travel ban gets lifted flights are going to be expensive.

Cheers Tom

https://photographybytomlane.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds very sensible. No objection from me.

I'm even not sure the border between Belgium and the Netherlands will be open by mid June and most of my equipment is with Will van Manen and I have to go and pick that up as well some time. Otherwise I will be almost leica-less at the meeting.

Maybe we can do an off-line meeting on the original date. Everybody goes and takes a walk near where he lives and we post all the images and give comments in a central place here. How does that sound?

• Thanks 1

Hi Paulus,

This is a very good decision. There is just too much uncertainty for June. I have already requested off-days at work for the meeting in June, but I will now take this request out of the system.

Looking forward to seeing you all in November!

Kamiel

Edited by Kamiel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely agree and look forward to seeing everyone in November - also I hope you don't mind but I'd just like to applaud the hard work and effort I know you've put into this and I also know it must be sad to cancel, even for this very necessary reason - nevertheless it's very much the right decision and it will be great to meet up with you and the NL gang in November !!

Edited by robert_parker
  • Thanks 2

I will most probably not be available in November - it is emergency planning sessions for Q4 deadlines and detailed Q1 budgets. But I would love to come in November - sunrise and sunset photos can be taken easily :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • jaapv changed the title to Tilburg revisited meeting 2020 into 2021