Godox on SL

cirke

1 minute ago, cirke said:

too bad 😞 and what mount ?  I have already  2 Godox V1s For Sony Alpha

thanks 

Since it's just center point triggering on the hotshoe, I don't think the brand matters, V1 for any brand will trigger center point on all cameras with a hotshoe. The brand name versions are for supporting TTL or HSS. I use Nikon versions for both the Godox lights and trigger. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cirke said:

I've just tried on my CL the shoe does not fit , it is too large and the connectors are not the same
do you know if hotshoe adapters exists ?

yes, this could happen since I ran into a problem with the Godox X1 Trigger not working properly on my Q2's hotshoe because of misaligned electronic contact points but which worked fine on my SL. The SL being the most professional model is the most compatible with different brand of flash accessories. The CL / Q2 might have a smaller / different hot shoe design. I have not tried flash on a CL and I don't think there are hotshoe adapters. If you are still having trouble, try getting a center point only trigger for your flash. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

My Godox V1N Flash with Godox X-ProN trigger came today. Neither work with my SL2-S. Using all gear in manual mode only. The Godox flash and X Pro trigger are both N (for Nikon)  When I put either one in the SL2-S hot shoe - it does not make contact to fire either trigger or flash by itself in hot shoe. The trigger and flash are in sync as I can push the test button on trigger to fire flash. They are in sync together and working - just not working in hot shoe. If I push down (from top)on one side of trigger in hot shoe when shooting - I can get it to fire - but not often. Sometimes pushing down (on top) on other side of trigger - it fires. Not often - really not working at all. So B&H are sending the Godox X2N (for Nikon) trigger to try. 

Edited by OR120
sp

1 hour ago, OR120 said:

My Godox V1N Flash with Godox X-ProN trigger came today. Neither work with my SL2-S. Using all gear in manual mode only. The Godox flash and X Pro trigger are both N (for Nikon)  When I put either one in the SL2-S hot shoe - it does not make contact to fire either trigger or flash by itself in hot shoe. The trigger and flash are in sync as I can push the test button on trigger to fire flash. They are in sync together and working - just not working in hot shoe. If I push down (from top)on one side of trigger in hot shoe when shooting - I can get it to fire - but not often. Sometimes pushing down (on top) on other side of trigger - it fires. Not often - really not working at all. So B&H are sending the Godox X2N (for Nikon) trigger to try. 

why don't you buy the Leica trigger?

nikon contacts are in the same position then Leica but the cables are different, I cam create problems and freeze the camera

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

why don't you buy the Leica trigger?

nikon contacts are in the same position then Leica but the cables are different, I cam create problems and freeze the camera

So you say - get the leica trigger to use with my Godox N (Nikon) gear. You mention cables-----I have no cables. Not using any cables.

Edited by OR120
sp

12 hours ago, OR120 said:

So you say - get the leica trigger to use with my Godox N (Nikon) gear. You mention cables-----I have no cables. Not using any cables.

the cables are inside the flash that lead to the hot-shoe contacts, you would not see them.

Godox units run their software and can be mixed with each other , the one on the camera need to be dedicated to talk to the camera. that is why Leica trigger would be recommended. 

You can still use your Godox-N flash trigger if you use it in Manual mode. Just set trigger channel to M  and set the power needed.

If you have problem on the camera freezing use the middle pin only to connect to the camera. just cover the rest with tape.